Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

DELMARVA.Maryland.Virginia.Delaware.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DELMARVA.Maryland.Virginia.Delaware.

I live about 30 min from the pocomoke riding area. Its actually called Shad landing state forest.
Back in the day it used to be a blast cause you could pretty much ride where you wanted, but they have blocked off a lot of trails to conserve the "habitat"
The whole area is closed rite now, until early spring so they can fix up the main trails. Which I think is supposed to be around 30 miles total. (maybe less now) You have to buy a sticker that is (was) 15.00, that is good for a year.
The main trails are pretty wide and hilly, so you can let it hang out and raise some hell, if its not many people there.
Theres a small sand pit, and... if you wanna get off the main trail...some quad eating mud holes.

I havent been in a year or so.... but I think it probably may be worth an hour or 2 of driving.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

It does sound worth a look, I will have to do some research on when it opens back up. There really is no state trails here in Delaware and we need somewhere close by to ride apart from private farmland. Anyone go anywhere else for a good day's riding?

Old 02-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Keep us posted abour Pocomoke reopening. The wife and I have been talking about checking it out one weekend.
Thanks

Old 02-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes please keep us updated. My husband and i were thinking of checking it out too....I hope it is worth the trip....it sounds like it would be.

treekilla if you dont alredy have a DNR sticker you have to go during the week and it costs only $15.00. They are closed on the weekend.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Trailblazer

Glad to see we have some riders here in the MD area. I was hoping we could get a group to travel out to Hatfield and McCoys this spring. I live in S.MD and would be also interesed in a day trip up the Greenridge some weekend if anyone is intersted.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

I will keep you guys informed on when we are going to take trips to Pocomoke.

Meghan- Thanks for letting me know when to get a sticker I was off to get one this weekend and you saved me a trip.

We make a trip about every six weeks in spring and summer up to PA (3 hours from Dover). We have a bunch of really great riding spots up there and if you are worried about getting your wheelers there let me know as I have two very large trailers at my disposal and us delmarva guys need to stick together.

I spotted a white Ford Focus today with A"Delmaeva ATV Club" sticker in the rear window, anyone know anything about it?

Old 02-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Treekilla, you can apply for the decal thru snailmail also.

tracker12 - the wife and I are in the early stages of planning a trip to Hatfield and McCoy trails, myabe driving down on a friday, riding saturday and sunday then driving home on monday. right now we are thinking maybe as early the end of march,beginning of April. If not then around the 4th of July.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Treekilla, I am glade i saved you the trip. It is a pain to drive all that way just to find out they arent open.

What kind of riding does everyone do. MY husband and i have a sport and a 4x4 and we are looking for people to ride with. We were planning a trip to Hatfield McCoy this summer sometime.

Tracker12 whenever you decide to go up to Greenridge if you dont mind the company send me an e-mail. We are looking for people to ride with. I have been trying to get a group of people together to go ride in WV but most of my friends work weekends so it was out. Yeah if anyone wants to hook up sometime and ride shoot me an im. My aol im is Juwan23 and my yahoo is i believe juwan232001

Old 02-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Range Rover

Our group is also trying to plan a trip to Hatfield macoy over a weekend, it would be cool to try and get together for a trip. We have a 50 acre lump of forest we ride on in MD near Ridgely, we have cut all the trails ourselves and trie to make it fun for all.

Our group consists of two guys with MX bikes, one Blaster, one KFX400, an Ozark and of course my Raptor. The trails we made our very tight tree lined trails and there are some large mounds of soil we use as obstacles and jumps, we try and keep it looking like a GNCC course. We all love just about any kind of riding, but none of us race.

We often go to Paragon Adventure Park in PA, it is great fun for all with over 140 miles of trails and a huge sandpit to play in. It is $25 a day and well worth it. There are a lot of rocks on some of the trails so a good set of tires is a must however. If you guys are interested they have a website. www.paragonap.com. We also have found another greatplace to ride near Mahanoy city, it is leagal to ride there however you must have mastered the art of intense hill climbs to really explore.

I am going to apply for the needed stickers to go to Pocomoke city and will keep you guys posted on when we make the trip.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just wanted to let everyone know I am going to Green Ridge this weekend. I will try to take the digital camera so I can show you some of my pictures.