Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bakersfield,California

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bakersfield,California

Has anyone been there? I would really would like to know how it is because its jus 4 hours from my place. If you have tell if you liked the trails their or not

Old 01-24-2004, 03:36 AM
MrG
Trailblazer

Man i live in Bakersfield. Its badass for riding especially the first few times. it took me about 10 hours in Hart park near the kern river to go through every trail. they have huge hills.badasss trails,whoopds, jumps, and a canyon quads barely fit its like riding sideways but its fun. They also have a place called Gorman near it man the best place ive ever ridden at. they have hour long trails its so huge. hills that turn while your going up man its crazy youull like that for sure . hope it helps

Old 01-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell us more about Hart Park!

If you want to go a little further, there is the whole Mojave Desert around the corner.

Old 01-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

MrG-I used to live in bakersfield in the early eighties and you are right some of the hills just after hart park just before you enter the canyon are about as challenging as you can find.I know about some of the trails that are just wide enough for a dirt bike at the bottom of a canyon so i cant imagine what a tight squeeze that would be on a quad.Aguywhocanneverbuyagoodquad-You may want to do some research to find out what is still open to off road vehicles in the mojave because years ago that was some of the best riding as far as varying terrain that we could find.It would anger some animal rights activists today but we used to have a blast and learned some good riding skills while chasing jackrabbits just outside of bakersfield but i suppose with things the way they are today that would probably get you in some trouble but it sure was fun.

Old 01-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Aguywhocanneverbuyagoodquad

Have you ridden Carnegie? I think it's out off Corral Hollow Road, out of Tracy. The hills are insane. I never rode a quad there, but used to ride my XR-600 there. I always thought a quad would be the ticket for going up those hills.

Old 01-26-2004, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider

carnegie is hella fun but gets old after a whileyet i still dont have ***** to go up the face thats like riding up the empire state building lol i am gona set up a day for hollister so if any one wants to go ill be going feb 13-16 i never bin there heard its great place for atv's

Old 01-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I just got back from Hollister last night. We had a complete blast of a time. We rode about 120 miles in 1-3/4 day (finished up about 2:30pm yesterday). Needless to say we were running almost constantly.

Some tips:

Try getting a spot in either Walnut or Madrone Camps. Walnut has showers and wash racks for the quads. Madrone is at the back so it is a bit quiter down there. Lodge is flat, and has the store (way over priced.) But if you park along the road side it gets really noisy. Bee isn't too bad, but if you have a toyhauler it takes some finess.

If there has been any rain for the last week, or it will rain, bring a nozzle for a hose to wash off the quads.

Like I said Walnut has actual showers (free).

And Hollister does rock on quads. I don't know how the bikes were getting through the mud this weekend but there were quite a few of them. They close down about 1/3 of the park (Adobe Section) when it rains so the rest of it gets pretty packed.

If I didn't already have reservations for Pismo I'd be there that weekend.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Trending Topics

Old 03-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

BAD NEWS! Just came out today. The Bakersfield Police Department is going to start giving tickets to off-road vehicle riders in the before mentioned Hart Park Area here in Bako. This sucks. This is really the only local place to ride and it has been used since the 50's for this. It is private land and the owners are cracking down. I guess we are going to have to make the 50 minute drive to Gorman now.

Old 03-19-2004, 07:43 PM
MrG
Trailblazer

yup they are i heard it on the news yesterday and they started warning last week. Well im pissed but i will still ride there we park our truck were nobody else for sure a car wont go and we just ride.

Old 03-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mrg

I think I will wait and see how bad it gets before I go out to hart park again. I am new to ATV's and I have only been out there once. Any other places to ride in Bako or close to it? I was also thinking about doing some Jackrabbit, ground squirrel hunting using my ATV to get me there. Any suggestions of where to go? Preferrably easy to get to with a 1/2 ton 2wd truck.

Chris

Quick Reply: Bakersfield,California