Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

black river falls wi

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black river falls wi

Hi, we are planning a trip to black river falls wi in october, and i wanted to check on and restrictions that might prevent us from riding there. i found where we have to register before we ride, but it doesn't mention much about noise restrictions or anthing that they check during the registration. i found a line that said something about muffler checks, but no specifications on what is checked or what is considered too loud. i should be fine as long as i repack it right before i go, but my buddy has a rather loud 300ex and we don't want to drive for 6 hours and have to come home again.

thanks

agh

Old 09-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

When I registered my scrambler after I bought it I just had to take in the my registration certifcate and pay the 5.5% sales tax becuase it was reregistered under my name and the $15 I think for a new sticker. There was no visual check done of my atv when I registered it.

I have been riding up the BRF area for the last two years mainly during the week since I live up here and have never been checked by a warden for noise. The only time I saw some out was last winter when they had ice racing in Hatfield on the lake, there were wardens all over pulling people over who didn't have stickers.

It has been rumored that on the weekends the wardens will set up check stations for noise which I want to say is at like 90db (Don't hold me too this though). The majority of the time they will set up the checks before you come into a town where the speed limit is at 10 mph anyways so your friend shouldn't have to worry about noise if he is in a high gear putting along.

Old 09-15-2003, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

You need a sticker (registration $12+fee of the place selling them) and you NEED a spark arrestor. As far as the noise level I have seen and heard some rather loud quads there. However, that doesn’t mean they allow it...

Same thing goes at Clark County Trail. I suggest you go there instead. It's extremely close to BRF and in my opinion is much better. We always go to the The Bunkhouse Retreat . It will cost you 5 bucks to get in and park but he also has 40 acres of land to tear up! He has a pond and mud pits you can play in and even a place to hose off your quad when you're done. Steve the owner is a great guy! Tell him Big Mark from Chicago told you about his place.

Old 09-16-2003, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah I forgot about the spark arrestor you need that for sure or else you will definitely get fined.

I actually in Merrillan which is about 5 miles from the Bunkhouse and Steve Casper the owner is my Grampa's cousin we are related through the whole family tree deal. He runs a nice set-up there. You can ride on his land or go on the trails, plus when you get back you can wash off your bikes too right there.

Old 09-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Both visits I made to BRF during August on weekends, I found wardens checking for registration and fining those that did not have properly displayed registration.

They also sat near many highway crossings near the end of the day watching to ensure all were coming to a complete stop before crossing. BEWARE if you don't intend on complying with the regulations.

Old 09-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks a lot for the information. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will have a good time.

Don't plan on breaking any laws knowingly. I think the registration place is either right at our hotel or extremely close to it. (best western something in brf, wi)

Thanks again!

agh

Old 09-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

I had MN registration and no problems what so ever. I assume you only need the registration from the state you live in.

I might be there this weekend also if the weather is ok and the trails re-open.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

I am almost certain that other states registration is good in WI. Check dnr site is pdf for regs which i do not have.
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/...ations/atv.htm

Old 09-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Trailblazer

I will also be up at BRF this weekend we'll be staying at east arbutus campground maybe I'll see some of you up there. I ride a Predator and the others I'll be with have a 400ex and 2 suzuki 230 quad runners and a raptor

Old 09-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

For the registration, they accept registration from all states EXCEPT for Illinois and Michigan, so you have to reregister in WI too. Bummer.

Quick Reply: black river falls wi