Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Asphalt Drag Racing in GA

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asphalt Drag Racing in GA

Our local 1/8th mile asphalt dragstrip, Savannah Dragway in Savannah, GA, has made us ATV and motorcycle riders a deal. If we can get over 50 quads and motorcycles to show up on wednesday nights, they will start dedicating one night a week JUST for us. Its great to go out there now, but you have to wait for all of the cars to run, and they get a little aggravated at us. So far, by my guestimation, there have been prob. 30 or so riders show up. Evrything from my modded warrior to stock raptors and predators, to 7-sec rappy's and banshees have been out there. We could turn this into some sort of points system with different classes and such, if we can just get that one night a week. A local shop is planning on gathering up a bunch of riders to go out, so post here if you're interested, and i will keep you updated.

Thanks

Old 10-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

While I personally LOVE draggin the quad. Im not gonna be able to make it down your way any time soon, but thanks for the invite. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] JKA
But anyway, while its nice to try to generate interest, you need to be informative also.
Example, what about safety gear?
I know the local strips in my state wont let quads anywhere near the strip without the drivers wearing SNELL approved helmets and full race leathers.

Old 11-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Trailblazer

well, with this track not being the most regulated of all dragstrips, nothing but a helmet is required. i've seen anything from golf carts to motorcycle-powered go-carts run here heh. There is also always an ambulance and paramedic team on hand. Just show up, have a helmet and $15,and you are set.