Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

INDIANA PEOPLE READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INDIANA PEOPLE READ THIS

20th is just on the other side of the highway. It is more towards Oakland City on a gravel road. This area is totally off limits right now due to deer season, and if caught you will get fined.

Diablo just for the info I pay $60 apiece for my rides, and one other thing if I find out the DNR is using this money to support other things other than OFF-ROAD PARKS I am going to be pissed.

I heard next year they are raising prices again on hunting and fishing hope they don't touch the off-road vehicles again that was crazy.

THANKS FRANK O'BANNON FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE OUTDOOR LIFE ON RAISING THE PRICES ON WHAT WE LIKE TO DO, JUST TO PAY FOR OTHER STUPID THINGS....................................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

BIGBLAZER
Keep your eyes open for property repos, if I new I would have had some support I would have made an offer on the 600+ acres that got auctioned off this summer right down the road from my house. All 600+ went for under $100,000 and it was river bottoms and woods which would have been great.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt call Indiana the worst. Slow maybe, but not the worst.
And its only slow because more people dont get involved.
At least Indiana is willing to work with you guys and they have started by opening up at least one place for you guys to ride.
Illinois in UNWILLING to open ANYTHING on state or federal land. Therefore all the places we have to ride are "Parks" that are privately owned but open to the public for a fee. And because land is soo expensive here in Illlinois the largest Park we have is 400 acres. All the rest are 300 then 100 then 50 and 35.
I saw in someones post that 750 acres would cost around 2 mil. WHAT A DEAL !!!!! In the northern part of Illinois, where we really need a place to ride, a parcel of land that size starts at 10 mil.
If you really want to do something, you need to look at the big picture and think about the LOOOONG haul.
You can do what we did here in Illinois.
Organize a bunch of off road clubs and pal up with your local A.B.A.T.E chapter and see what you can do about sitting down with your state officials and starting a grant program.
The way it works here in illinos is for every bike and quad sold and registered, they take x amount of the title and registration money and put it in a fund.
This money is then available to cities, clubs, and individuals to open and or improve riding areas.

Think long term. Nothing ever happens RIGHT AWAY !

JMO

Old 10-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Diablo
YUP! You have to be registered with IN to ride there, or they won't let you in. I think they're working on letting people register there, I'm not sure when they'll start doing that. Since you live in Illinois, you probably would'nt get taxed(not sure how that works), but for IN residents, you have to pay yearly taxes on your quad when you register it. kind of blows, but hopefully some of that money goes to the upkeep of the parks.
Out of state registrations are honored there. An Illini with an Illinois registered quad can ride there. Check the website faqs.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

DanW is right, out of state registrations are honored, just checked.

Old 10-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

When we parked there we would take the trail right off the corner and go back in the back and around the pit. That is gods country back in there nice smooth trails and wild.

Old 11-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well I went and got the wife her four-wheeler today and my little girl one. The wife got a Honda 250ex and the little girl a Yamaha Raptor 50.

Old 11-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You guys think you got it bad i live in Hammond Indiana the police have shut down all most all the places to ride and if i want to go to the badlands i have to drive 3 hours to get there.. I wish they would make a off road park in the northern part of IN... I cant wait till i move into the contury!!!

Old 11-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: trailrider500
You guys think you got it bad i live in Hammond Indiana the police have shut down all most all the places to ride and if i want to go to the badlands i have to drive 3 hours to get there.. I wish they would make a off road park in the northern part of IN... I cant wait till i move into the contury!!!
Yes, it does suck more in the northern part of the state, I think property would be more up here too.? If it was in the northern part of the state, I would chip in !! It takes me 2.5 hrs to get to badlands, about the same, maybe a bit longer to get to Silver Lake. I would say 3.5 hrs to get to haspen.. 4 hrs to get to Redbird...nothing real close...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My 10 yr old is looking for local quad races, fairs or any. We are in Bloomington, IN,willing to travel alittle. Help!

Quick Reply: INDIANA PEOPLE READ THIS