Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Atlanta, GA area?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlanta, GA area?!?

I was wondering, are there places around the Atlanta, GA area where a person could ride on trails and stuff like that? Maybe up in the moutains maybe? Just wondering for in the future I'd like to get into this when I have more money for this hobby.

Also, does anybody know of places around the area here where there are any sand dunes? Doubt there is but you never know so that's why I'm asking. I think it would be fun to blast across a sand dune, just never done it before! :-)

Thanks!

Old 12-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

TedJ, I live about an hour away from ATL in AL! I mostly race MX in GA: Bremen Motocross park, Calhoun Mx etc. About an hour away from Atl in Oxford Al there is a public ORV arean in the Talladega National Forest called Kentuck ORV area! It has rough 25 miles worth of nice trails. If you like mud come after its rained lol! Other than that the trails are very fun and have some nice jumps on them if you are into the sport side of things! But if your interested I know a place even closer to you more toward Tallapoosa Ga, that has so many trails you couldnt ride them in a day!!! Its actually public roads if you can believe it, I see more people there than Kentuck!! I believe its hunting club land, but I think they allow the quad riders to access the roads to keep them from over growing!!! If your interested we could meet up during the off season before the MX season starts, my weekends are full then with practice and races. Also check this site out: www.georgiaoffroad.com, it has many listings of trails very close to your area. If you like real challenging trails that test your machine and your own value of life(lol) then theres a place in NC, Murphy less than 3 hours from you that has some of the hardest and most challenging trails in the US!!! Let me know if I can be of more assistance!!! Good luck!

Old 12-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info, I've got some stuff I need to do here so I'll respond more later. Quick question though, what does ORV stand for?

Old 12-23-2003, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Tedj
Thanks for the info, I've got some stuff I need to do here so I'll respond more later. Quick question though, what does ORV stand for?
You are very welcome, ORV stand as I mentioned in my post stands for the Kentuck ORV(Off-Road-Vehicle) area, you will also see OHV(Off-Highway Vehicle) area!!! Need directions let me know!!!

Old 12-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer

I am courious about the riding area near tallapoosa. Directions? GPS cordinents? I live near Cartersville. lots of riding here after hunting season

Old 12-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Veeman, the ride area is in GA, but to get to it you have to go through Fruithurst right across the line on HWY 78 West!! Take a right onto Country RD. 49 follow it straight until you come to a T. Well Veeman, just email me at O<the letter O not zero O4Grizzly660@aol.com and I will gladly try to explain how to get their or even meet you there!!! There is countless numbers of trails but it isnt a public riding area!! We park at the Mt. Creek Babtist church and ride ride ride!!!! Its got mud, hills, and flat fast roads!!! Its got it all!!! Let me know when you can ride and we will set up a day to go and explore it!!! We usually ride 75 miles in a day or more, so bring some extra gas cans and food!! You can't get lost either because every trail connects back to the main road!!!! Just let me know!

Old 12-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

The best place to ride in Georgia is Durhamtown. It's in Union Point I think. Not sure how far that is from Atlanta but it takes about an hour to get there from here in Covington. We've been there five times and still haven't covered all the trails. They have hillclimbs, swamps, drag strips, trails, and two MX tracks. www.durhamtown.com is their website. $25 to ride all day and that includes the tracks. Have fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Ive ridden at Durham town with all my mx bikes and the YFZ!!! The trails I ride near Tallapoosa are "FREE, FREE, FREE"!!! No one is there but Atv riders!! We got all the mud bogs hills and drag strips you could ever want!!!

Old 12-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Somebody on a Grizz pulled me up a very long very steep hill one time when we went and I had my Beartracker. It's a great place.

Old 12-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Definately a wonderful place, especially a family oriented place, Id recommend anyone going there at anytime!!! You can also rent ATV's and MX bikes too!!!! How great is that!!

Quick Reply: Atlanta, GA area?!?