Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Fresno CA area

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresno CA area

Any one know of any places to ride looking for a new hidden place

Old 01-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Fresno CA area

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]unno:
have you been to Miami Trails??

Old 01-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Royalty Rider
Default Fresno CA area

Hey, I grew in Riverdale...

Old 01-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default Fresno CA area

Wheres Miami Trails. Ive never heard of it. You that grew up in Riverdale where you at now and what could have taken you from this thriving metropolis

Old 01-13-2004, 01:57 AM
Royalty Rider
Default Fresno CA area

The names Queen, and Im in Lemoore now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ooh yeah, I moved up! lol! I havent left, my father stills farms there

Old 01-13-2004, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Fresno CA area

Its about 6 miles out of Oakhurst on 41.. Its pretty much covered in white stuff right now though...

Old 01-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Fresno CA area

That's the thing about Fresno, not many places around here to ride (unless you happen to have land, or know somebody who does.)

Riding places will pop up here and there and close up shortly thereafter. But, at least we are only 2-3 hours from at least 3 state OHV parks (Hollister, Pismo, Hungry Valley), plus Miami.

Miami is pretty much techical, rutted trails that can be both a PITA and fun as all heck. I made about 3 day trips up there this fall. You can also run pretty much flat out if you pay attention on the fire roads. It's best to go with a guide (someone who has ridden the area and knows it), and/or GPS so you don't get lost up there. Make sure to stay on trails designated ATV if you are on one. You wouldn't want to say, take a big utility quad on a MC only trail that gets a little tight.

When it warms up and thaws out in the spring there are several 4x4/Jeep trails up in the Sierras that are available and should make decent day trips.

Currently I'm looking at heading over to Hollister the weekend of the 24th. Nice well managed trails for all levels. And one hell of an ATV-only track. You see many more MCs at Hollister than ATVs (almost like the flip side of Pismo).

Other places to ride in the Valley:

Hart Park - Bakersfield. Basically abandoned oil fields and bluffs overlooking the Kern River close to Mesa Marin. It gets dusty and is pretty much a free-for-all out there. Lot's of hill climbs.

Riding Place Lists:

OHMVR - State Parks (State OHV Parks)

CA OHV/Dirt Bike Riding Areas

CalDirt

Bokasmo

Sierra National Forest

You could try the Sequoia NF as well, but I can't find any direct information on OHV routes there. Sequoia National Forest

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Fresno CA area

The name of the place is Miami Creek. I have not been up there, but I have Talk to some people in Fresno that go there all the time. I like North of Sacramento so there are many areas up here that I can ride. I don't go south that much.

Old 01-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Fresno CA area

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Miami is pretty much techical, rutted trails that can be both a PITA and fun as all heck. I made about 3 day trips up there this fall. You can also run pretty much flat out if you pay attention on the fire roads. It's best to go with a guide (someone who has ridden the area and knows it), and/or GPS so you don't get lost up there. Make sure to stay on trails designated ATV if you are on one. You wouldn't want to say, take a big utility quad on a MC only trail that gets a little tight.[/L]
haha i think the last comment was directed towards me.. And yeah hes right if you go up there for the first time you might want to go with someone that knows the area...

Old 01-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Fresno CA area

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
haha i think the last comment was directed towards me.. And yeah hes right if you go up there for the first time you might want to go with someone that knows the area...
Directed towards you...hmm...no...towards Tim for saying it would fit...well...it did so I guess he WAS right. Though I think the plastics were only at 2 years old before we started on that trail.

Miami is a pretty cool place if you want to test yourself out. The fire roads allow for a nice leisure ride or some hair raising fun. The trails do get rutted up pretty bad. They have a tendancy to suck in my stock tires. With a flat tire you could probably do better (though we, well powerstorke and the bike's rider did most of the work, had to push a blaster with Turf Tamers back up a hill when it got high centered going down.) than with round stockers.

Juldan, if you go, I'd suggest the Z over the Banshee if you want to run the trails. Some of the stuff is pretty slow. Often ends up stop and go with a large group. If you want you can PM me and I can give you more information on the riding group that me, powerstroke01and I'm thinking that WireDog might be on it as well. I'd like to hit some of the other Sierra NF trails this spring and summer.

It has definately pushed my to my limits. There are some places where you just have to give up and turn around.

Power, let me know when it thaws out up there. Might get some warmer gear and go run around.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Fresno CA area