Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Glamis..where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis..where is it?

My wife and I are going to be in Palm Springs in a couple of weeks and I want to see some dunes, how far away is Glamis from Palm Springs and if we go, what is there to do. I won't have my quad, can we rent jeeps or something. Is it worth the trip from the Springs?

Old 01-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Palm Springs take the I-10 east to Indio. Take the 86S Expressway south to Brawley, then the 78 east and you will run right into the dunes. I think there is a place in Brawley that rents???? Get out there if you can. There is no place like it. It's been in the 80's (degrees) every day for the last two weeks.

Old 01-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be about a 2 hr. drive to Glamis from PS. There use to be a place that rents out near Windy Point in PS. Don't know anything about it though.

Old 01-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just returned from Southern California and rode Glamis and a place locals call Superstition overlooking the Salton Sea.We have ridden Kentucky ,Tennessee ,Indiana and nothing compares to Glamis. Nothing can prepare you for the size and steepness of the sand bowls.and hills.We rode to oldsmobile hill then to China Wall and as much of the dunes as possible. We were there on a thursday and friday and by the time we left the crowds were building.I've never seen so many toy haulers ,motor homes ,with every type of off road vehicle you can imagine. Make the trip if you can.