Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MN group ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MN group ride

Everyone's invited! I wanna get a group ride together for right after winter, so everyone can show off their winter wonders and upgrades. I don't know if it should be after school lets out or before? I'd like to get together at least 15 people to go riding. I'm still not sure about location yet, but I was thinking somewhere in Minnesota around mille lacs or something. But would like to get in at least 60 miles or so in. If anyone is interested at all or wants to suggest some ideas about dates, locations, or anything go ahead and post. Is anyone interested? I'd like to hear from you if you are at all. I don't care if you got a sport bike or utility or what, I'd like to get alot of both so all of the mudders will have someone to ride with and all the ***** to the walls guys like me will have someone to mess around with. I don't care where you live as long as you're willing to ride. I know there's alot of mn/wis/sd/nd/iowa/canada people on here that are close enough, if we could find a central point for all of us that'd be cool. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm tired of not being able to open my quad up for a while, and want to go riding REALLY bad. It doesn't look like we're going to get any snow any time soon. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS DON'T HOLD BACK. I figured I'd post this early so we could have time to get everything figured out.

Old 01-20-2004, 05:26 AM
Trailblazer
Default MN group ride

id be up for a ride, not sure how far you are from me (sioux falls sd) but if its not really far north or east id be able to swing over for a weekend and do some riding

Old 01-20-2004, 06:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default MN group ride

In the past, several of us from the Connection have gotten together at Nemadji State Forest. Now that the laws have changed, I see that desire has slowed. I was there last fall and had a great time.

One thing I thought would be kind of fun, would be to run the Soo Line from Genola to Cass Lake and back (about 400 miles total). That would take a weekend, but would be fun.

One other place I haven't been is to the Gilbert ORV area. Either way, I would be up for a another ride. Bigger groups can be ok, but smaller groups of equal riding abilities, IMHO, are more fun.

I am planning on doing some safety courses late April and early May. I'll check the reg's to see when the majority of the trails open this year and keep that weekend open.

Old 01-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN group ride

I would be up for a Soo Line round trip. I was going to bring a group up this fall and ride it but after finding out a round trip can be done in a weekend I dont think we will be spending our fall week riding up there. I am spending a week in Colorado this late june early July rideing and if it doesent fall within that week I would be interested in trying to make it.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN group ride

sounds cool. can I get anymore info on the trails, I haven't ridden them before. vortec is that too far from you???
this what you're talking about? anybody else wanna come? I see what you're saying on the not too huge of a group thing though. I got two-three guys that might wanna come depending on the weekend

Old 01-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default MN group ride

I would be willing to run it if we have all sport machines going. I have ridden with utes before, but would like to run with only sports this time around so everyone can keep the pace.

I am working as much overtime before this summer so hopefully I can invest in another machine. I am actually considering selling the DS and buying a YFZ and a Prairie 700. I believe the P-700 would keep up just fine. I have a 14 year old that might want to join. Not much riding experience now, but that will change by the time we can ride.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default MN group ride

I'd be up for a ride. Dosen't really matter where as long as it isn't a mudd bath. I would be bringing a couple buddies along too. 15 people won't take long to assemble as long as its planed far enough in advance.

Old 01-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN group ride

I would be interested in joining in on this get together.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN group ride

Bob,

I have heard that about the Soo Line. I would be willing to give a whirl regardless. But I have heard even more good talk about Danbury. Maybe we should give that a try instead.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN group ride

I know I've been giving the ute thing some heavy thought. I know that they really cant keep up, but one of us is bound to get stuck and its nice to have a 4 x 4 with. One of my buddies has a wolverine (sport-ute obviously), this might solve this whole dilemna, if we can find a weekend he could come. He can keep up with us pretty well. He's an extremely good rider, so I don't think he would have much of a problem keeping up. He might be buying a pred soon though and he'd prob rather ride that, I'm not sure. Welcome to everyone else who signed up. As for the trail thing, I had heard that too but wasn't sure if it was true. Can I get some more opinions on this please?

Quick Reply: MN group ride