Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Im new to Southern Maryland, where can i ride??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im new to Southern Maryland, where can i ride??

I just moved to southern Maryland and i am looking for places to ride and people to ride with. if anyone can help me out, let me know. im up to riding anywhere, anytime, and with anyone. feel free to email me back at wilkie610@aol.com

thanks alot

Dave

Old 12-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Trailblazer

I sent ya an email...I'm up in Clinton.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

Where are you guys riding?

Old 01-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

Another Southern MD guy. Just bought a new Kodiak 450 and itching for a place to test it out. Only place I heard is the ATV park over in Laplata off Buds Creek Road.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

I'm still looking for places to ride. I've emailed Dave a couple times and we're looking at going riding soon. I've been once since I picked up the new Z and that was down at the ATV park near Budds Creek. It's not too bad, they have a lot of trails and one track. The day I went (last Friday) it was REAL muddy, I mean thick stuff. More than I wanted but it was still a blast. If you want to test it out go on a Friday, it's $30 as opposed to $50, unless you get a membership, then it's alwasy $30. I WILL go riding this weekend, the only question is where. So let me know when and where and I'll try to meet up. zancr@yahoo.com

Old 01-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Trailblazer

thanks zane for the emails, i had this spot down in pax river but that spot has been used for some constructions stuff. its right near the pax river naval base and its off shangra la road. ive also been to the atv park at buds creak. its a cool spot but it seems a bit small. i think that it would get a bit old after a few rides. my other friend turned me to this spot a bit behind brandywine auto parts off rt 301 in clinton. im horrible with directions but i think that it somehow connects to the trails that you see off the highway near those powerlines.

zane i think that its supposed to rain this weekend so it might get a bit muddy wherever you go! ill email you when i get a free weekend

Dave

Old 01-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

I also heard about the place in Bradywine. I have heard that it is not really legal to ride there and occasionally you get hasseled. I do not know of the current status. I have head that it is a pretty good ride there though.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

like i said, im not good with directions, i have also heard that riding by rt301 near the hospital is illegal, and people have gotten jacked for their quads. but i only said it was connected somehow, like by a series of trails. its like 5-10 miles north of 301 just after the split of rt 5 and rt 301. ive talked to some guys back there when i was there and they told me that there are never any cops back there and that the crowd is always big enough to keep punks from messing with anyone

Dave

Old 01-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

Dave, I also heard the rumor of people getting jacked up there. I'd like to find a safe place to unload and leave my truck. Is that where you got ticketed? Like I said I'd like to get out this weekend, but I'll survive if I can't.

Tracker, any ideas on what your riding intentions are this weekend?

Old 01-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

trust me, its not the same place, its way off the highway on some back roads, its so far back, i almost missed the turn cause i was tired of driving. you dont even park on any roads, you drive back to the riding area and then park

Quick Reply: Im new to Southern Maryland, where can i ride??