Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Good news for Iowa riders!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 01:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good news for Iowa riders!

just found this place and looks like you guys have a good thing going here. i'm just getting back into the whole ATV world after neglecting my ATV addiction since high school. damn...almost 15 years now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] how time flies...
looking forward to a summer in the dirt.

well, it looks like a good thing is happening in Ft. Dodge -

ATV park

anyways, anyone in the CR/Waterloo area want to show me something new?

i'll be around. peas.

stuckhere

Old 03-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to the forum!
have you checked out 600 acres in Ely? that's where i'll be riding when i get my quad running hopefully in a coupla weeks.
there's another good riding area over by Bussey too. it's southeast of Des Moines.

Old 03-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Up there at ELy, is that private or public, what kind of riding, etc. I live about three hours away from there, but bussey is getting old.

Justin

Old 03-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

600 acres in Ely is public, open to anything on wheels, it's really only about 180 acres i think. not worth a 3 hr drive unless you're bored. it's nothing compared to Bussey

Old 04-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

bizzump [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

y cant there be anything like that in IL? this state sucks!

Old 04-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

i know about ft dodge.. head about it amonth ago or so.. cant. wait.. if u want good ridng go to Bussey - Bluff Creek OHV. waterloo is fun.. but not as fun as bluff.. ely is OK if u are close or need a chance of senery.. no track just trails timber and lots and lots o mud

Old 04-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone know of any riding in NW Iowa? I need to do some riding bad. By the way, how is that park in Council Bluffs? Do you have to be a member of any organizations?

Old 04-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

thebestofindica- Where in northwest Iowa are you? I am in Boyden (close to Sheldon). The Council bluffs thing is a HUGE wast of time unles you live withing abought 30 minutes of it. My freind and I drove down there last year and rode for abought an hour and a half and covered it all many times and came home. We drove around 6 hours round trip to ride for 1.5 very bored hours. It is flat as a bord and just as boring. It is a state run park and is free if you are registered. There is a club in Spenser tha has a hundred acers or so of river ground to play on and a small MX track that is real tame (so the kids dont get hurt). Its kind of fun the first few times but gets rather boring after a year or so of riding. If you want directions let me know.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

It seems to me that a few posts have been deleted out of this thread. I know I have replied to someone that asked a question abought Fort Dodge and now neither post is there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I supose I made someone mad abought something I said and they had it deleted. What ever. I gues if the truth hurts than I shall just start making things up to keep everyone hapy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Good news for Iowa riders!