Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

St.Joe's March27and28th

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St.Joe's March27and28th

Hey Bom,we missed you today.It was nice today other than the river's that was there from previous rains.There was alot of racing.Larry with the la sleeve motor and sanddraggen were there,we had a good time.It was a last minute thing for me going.I can't wait until we can go back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

Quick off topic question, is there any ATV parks in MO that still require the flag? or state registration?

SLG

Old 03-28-2004, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I know I miss a great day for riding. I had a few things I had to catch up on in the garage this weekend.

I'm planning on being there next Sat April 3. My in-laws are comming up from Hayti to ride/race also.

Strokedoutbanshee, I guess you about have those new carbs dialed in by now? You probably handled most of every thing up there easy today. It was getting fast all the time you rode it last weekend.

I hear there's a red and black Banshee looking for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I guess I'd better start getting ready. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yes ,St Joes has to have a flag and they never ask for state registration.

Old 03-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

After the St. Joe ride Larry and I ventured over to play day at Big River but did not take the Baja off the truck. There was no gate fee however there was a $25 play fee that got you about 8 runs from what I saw. Rick came later and paid $25 for 2 runs. In the riders meeting "the officials" said they would run until people got tired running....well around 5pm or so they announced play day was over and no one was to line up. Guys then started racing back behind the pit parking and that was soon stopped by the friendly owner...I guess he figured people were just to tired to race anymore.

JMiller

Old 03-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

J, is Big River that spot up north of St Joe on 67?

Old 03-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Going to test and tune today at Blodgett. If anyone is interested gates open at noon. For directions, check out semoraceway.com. Gary at Bootheel Buggies said the R1 Raptor is supposed to be there, along with Eugene from Bootheel Buggies.

I plan to be at St. Joe next weekend. If I take the DS, I am going to leave it on the trailer with a for sale sign. Need to sell it for my next project. . . .

Daren

Old 03-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Yea Pat, Big River is just north of St. Joe on 67 in Bonne Terre...you can see it from 67 on the right if heading towards St. Louis.

Daren...Zac and I are going to race at Blodgett this Spring/Summer. We considered going to go to Semo today but weatherman called for rain. Any place else to drag race that you or others know about let me know. I know there's a dirt track down in Mississippi. Jeff goes to Dexter occasionally. I'd like see some schedules.

Semo's schedule is as follows:
April 4
May 2
May 30
June 27

Gates Open at 11am
Racing Starts at 2pm

Old 03-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Chris at PaulsCycles give these dates for Dexter.

April 24
May 1
Oct 16
Nov 6

He is getting some dates set up for Poplar Bluff.

I guess you'll be racing at semo with out me. All their race dates are on Sunday. Church comes first !

Old 03-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah,the carb's are getting better.It ran really good sat.!I tried some different jetting,don't know about next time.I'll probably miss either the first or second race for dexter.I was hoping there would be a bigger gap between the first two races.I may be able to make the first two since there so close together but then i'll be out 3 or 4 week's,can't race without an engine.I'll be there no matter what,maybe spectating.If you don't care,could you give me a call later in the week about St.Joe for a reminder?

Old 03-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks J,

I think we may head down to Dexter on the 24th run in the stock class. Biggin and I both just have the bolt on stuff so I think we qualify for the stock class. I know know nothing about the organized runs. Think we'd embarrass ourselves?

We went to Dexter last year to watch THEBOM run against the R1 and to eat at the Dexter BBQ. Either event was worth the trip.

Pat

Quick Reply: St.Joe's March27and28th