Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in Va?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride in Va?

I know how hard it is to find local places to ride in the Fredericksburg area but is there any place left or close to the surrounding Fredericksburg, Va area? Does anyone own private land that will let me ride on for a daily fee? Also, looking for somone to ride with. I really like my ATV but the places that I use to ride are all posted now!! Thanks for your time!!

Old 04-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello,

I am also in the fredericksburg area and am looking for a place to ride. I bought a new atv in september and have only ridden in the yard so far. Do you know of any places in the area to ride? The only areas I know of in Virginia are up near Winchester in the national forest. Drop me a note if you find a place and want to ride.

Thanks , Tom

Old 04-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

Sorry, I wish I had good news but no one has mailed me with any new places! I am like you, limited to my back yard! There was 2 places in massaponnox (miss spelled) The exit past Fredericksburg, that you could ride at and that has been open for years. After I bought my Avt, they both were posted 2 weeks later. Just my luck!! There was another place out 2 and 17 that I rode at 2 weeks ago and it is posted now, so I am back to no where to ride. There is also a place in Stafford by the BP station that was posted the last time I was there looking for a place to ride but I am unsure weather it is posted now or not!?
Anyway, If I find or here of some place close I will post it! Thanks, Might sell the ATV if I can't ride it!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Someone mentioned that there is a place to ride on Rte 17 heading towards Warrenton. There is a road just before GEICO and supposedly there is a place to reach a trail from there that is frequented on the weekends. I will have to take a trip out there next weekend to see what is going on. If I can't find a place nearby soon I may just have to unload the dang thing and get another motorcycle.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

i live in the richmond area and just bought a new vincent the 2nd. of march and looking for people and placees to to ride i have been rideing in the woods around my house and found a few trails others have made so i have been helping myself to them until ask to leave.

Old 04-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info!! I use to live on 17 close to Geico so I will check it out also! If it looks like a place to go let me know and if I make it over there this week, I will let you know! Also, if you want to hook up and ride sometime in the future, we could do that as well. Thanks again!!

Old 04-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

If you guys are that close, there is a fee riding area just the other side of the 301 bridge in Budds creek area. The biggest problem is you have to join their association ($100) then pay for each visit. ($35).

There is a riding area called taskers gap over near front royal too... that is free.... Just about every riding area around the stafford/spotsy area has been shut down due to whack-o's who think it is neat to ride wheelies on the roads.... we lost the best one near the bus company along 95 a couple years ago when some dude rode a wheelie and caused a bus to swerve off the road into teh ditch to avoid hitting him. THANKS DUDE!.

Any way, you might check with the guys at the Fredericksburg motorsports, and see if they can suggest something. The Norther Virginia trail riders has some trails, and a few of their members ride quads, but most run dirt bikes. They might be able to suggest something as well.

Old 04-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my atv from Fredericksburg Motorsports and asked them where a good place to ride locally was and they said, "we only sell them and don't know where to ride". If the place near GEICO doesn't pan out then there will be a new Outlander for sale in the area. Thanks for the other info regarding the Maryland club, but that seems a little steep to me. Looks like taskers gap is the only legal, reasonable place to go.

Old 04-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Range Rover

Go to http://towercitytrailriders.org and let me know if you are willing to drive that far.... well worth the time and money. I think its 40 for non members.... days of trails.

Quick Reply: Where to ride in Va?