Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Land Between the lakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land Between the lakes

My wife and I have planned a trip to Turkey Bay, we will be leaving the St. Louis area on Friday April 09, 2004 and returning on Monday April 12, 2004. We have never been riding at the ATV park, stopped by and rode through the parking lot a few months ago scouting it out.

Anyone else going?

Are their any better maps of the palce other than the limited ones on their website/ available at the visitors center?

Old 04-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hey bruuuuce, well unfortunatly I dont think I'm gonna get a chance to get out there this weekend,
but I think Rkhard will be there.. I think he's out there every weekend... I was out there about 3 weeks ago with the family and had a great time.. they have larger maps at the ranger station where you check in at Turkey Bay, not sure if they have them at the Park Visitors Center.. make sure you get some trash bags from the check in, as there are not any cans around just dumpsters.. Make sure you have gas, as the nearest gas station is 20-30 min away.. if you are planing on camping out at Turkey Bay its a dry county, which means no alcohol is sold in the county, if you are done riding for the day, you are allowed to partake at your campsite if you have brought any in.. hope you have a great time out there

Old 04-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you for the great information!

We don't partake so that won't be a problem. We have thought about buying one of those Play-Mor sports www.play-mor.com to haul the atv's and go camping but haven't taken the plunge yet. We will be staying at KenOakResorts second resort I forget the name of it, the american or something along those lines. He says he just bought it.

Old 04-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

no problem... Oh a few other things you may want to have is some tire plugs, air compressor as there are some area's with a lot of rocks.. Ive not needed any plugs but my brother and friend have and of course your normal tool and supplies you bring when you go riding.. Make sure you call them befor you make the drive, (270)924-2000 as they say they can close at any time but I've never been there on a weekend when they were closed... They did close down a few days last year to spray the main trails and entrance down with somthing to keep the dust down but that was durring the week.. hope you have a great time...