Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

(tried) to ride the power lines in Lincoln, ME, yesterday....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (tried) to ride the power lines in Lincoln, ME, yesterday....

Well, the Ole Lady spied a new Trailblazer 250 at the dealership and loved it, so we got that. I liked the fact it was only $3200 out the door, but it isn't exactly the V-force I was hoping for. O well, the $3300 I saved is comforting me just fine. And I had an 02 before, so I knew it would be fine for where I ride.

Anyway, I took it out yesterday with my 2 neighbors, one who has an Artic Cat 454 with a winch, and his brother on a Polaris Trailboss 325. My cousin on his Warrior came along, and so did my friend with his Raptor, and his cousin on an EX.

We left from my mother's house (by Lloyd's store on Rt2) and headed through the woods to the powerlines. I was suprised by how much the snow had melted in the woods, but even more suprised by all the mud. Man, good thing there was a 4x with a winch!! We made it through 2 beaver dams that the funny little creatures build right beside the old logging road, and was getting in the mood to say frig it and head back. Well, after winching everyone through the mud and ruts, the Artic Cat was in the lead through to the 3rd dam.

The road had washed out (no big deal, the other 2 spots were like that), and the AC headed in. Now I'm not sure what he was doing, but he managed to get his fourwheeler into the big muddy ditch where the road should be and wedged the front rack right up against the hard packed ledge, and buried the front end to just under the handle bars in mud.

Just picture walking down a dirt road that suddenly dropped off and there was an ATV seat you could step straight out onto and that's how it was sitting.

So there was no way to get to the winch, and we spent almost 2.5 hours pulling and pushing to get that friggin' thing out. Once we did my friend's cousin thought he could make it, and wound up stuck himself, but we now had the quad with the winch free so it was no big deal to pull the EX out.

We said frig it and went back home and used my fathers power washer to hose all the quads down, and debated when we should try to get to the powerlines again. Maybe in another 2 or 3 weeks, we're hoping. So if anyone wants to get covered in **** and have a miserable time getting unstuck, there's the plan. At least it was warm (52!!) and the bugs weren't out yet!!!

And I think the 'Blazer is broken in now, too........