Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Nor California/Sacramento

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nor California/Sacramento

There's nothing wrong with throwing it in first and coasting down a hill. It's compression braking and that's how you do it in a car (but generally not those slow of speeds.) This is what's going on and steep downhill grades when you see signs that say "Trucks use lower gears." It is the RIGHT way to do it. Of course when it gets really steep or you get a run going you add your brakes into the equation. The lower the gear the more force it takes to push and compress each cyclinder. Staying in a higher gear and using only brakes is asking for trouble. FOr me it usually causes the back tires to break traction and decide that it wants to win the race with the front going downhill...again...NOT GOOD.

Rescue you are right on the trail names. The whoops and the drops and what not add a little excitement...especially at over 40!

"55 and Stay Alive" I don't think they meant quads on a trail......

Yeah the technicals do get you going. But it's also hard to do 120 miles worth of them in a weekend. LOL Though we did 30+ that day you cut the tire.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

We were looking to go to Miami trails next week, any info on camping, Will a 30' toyhauler make it in there? An y nice camp sites? Any info would help.

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Range Rover

welcome to the forum. me and my friend go riding up in the El Dorado Nat forrest almost every week end, have been going there for years. there are a lot of great trails, some hard, most not. we both have 4x4 utility quads. if you two are ever interested in meeting up and going riding up off of hwy88 just let me know. we don't go up there once it gets socked in with snow, it gets too deep. not to much time left! damn. then the jeep comes out! lol we would also be willing to meet you at Pererrie city some time when we can't get into the high country.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Range Rover

regor, where does this trail #33 start at PiPi? I know where the campground is and I've seen dirt roads off of the road going down in there. is it clearly marked? I want to go do that loop. any help would be great.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Range Rover

Hwyflyer, I would love to check out the trails you mentioned off of Forebay in Pollock Pines, you said they are 11 miles in after the turn off, is there a staging erea? is there enough trails to ride for 3-4 hours? the trails are marked? and it's legal to ride there? any help is great!

Old 11-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

mmmmm nobody seems to be able to answer any of my questions, it's almost like I'm invisable! I'm in many forums and this one seems very strange, what ever

Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

It makes a complete circle of the valley. You can hit it at five corners, or a mile or so before you get to five corners there is an access. You can also hit it off of sopiago road. This works out great once the snow starts falling. Five corners is a couple of miles before the pipi campground. Sopiago road is off of omo ranch road, just a few miles past the town of omo ranch. Drop me an e-mail when you plan on riding, i'll be happy to show you around. I ride about everyother weekend. I also have thursdays off.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Range Rover

well thank you regor! sounds good.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Range Rover

Planning a ride next sat. the 8th. Probably in the pipi valley. Will probably be a handful of the regulars. I'll e-mail the deatails if anybody is interested.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Range Rover

this sounds like a possibility for the 8th, please e-mail me the details. it would be me and a friend, we would need directions to a nice big staging area.