Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Places to ride in North Texas???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000, 04:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to find more places to ride North Texas. The places I know of are:

-Army Core Of Engineers in Denton
-Marshall Creek
-Muenster
-Rocky Ridge
-Lake Lavon
-Waco Lake
-Flyin P
-Twin Hills
-360 (supposedly closed)

Are there any more places to go??? And I would prefer them to be legal.

Old 07-21-2000, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

legal??that rules out a bunch of places..lol
Ive heard of or been to several of the places you mentioned. How about the ACE in Denton? I dont know anything about it, have you been there? any mud? I really want to go somewhere this weekend but I can only go on Sunday, Im trying to talk some of my buddies into going somewhere, I'll post it here if I have any luck.

Old 07-21-2000, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think thats about it. I've seen some off of 75 and 190. Looked a little small for me though.

What is the Corp of Engineers in Denton?

Old 07-21-2000, 07:26 PM
Range Rover

Wow, I thought everyone knew of the Army Core of Engineers in Denton. It is a pretty cool place. Lots of good trails. There is mud, you just have to know where to go for the good stuff. There are some sections that are the huge valleys and there are some mighty mud holes in the bottom that would swallow my stock Rancher. I need to go back and try them with the new tires. If anyone wants to go then email me and I can give you the grand tour. I dont know the exact street name but here are some not so great directions:

From the Highway 380 and Highway 377 interchange, take 380 west for around 2.9 miles. There is a small street that has a "This is not a through street" sign and a BBQ sign. This street is opposite of the Trinity Dr. street to the north (I think). Turn left down that street. It is down there around a mile on the left past the BBQ joing and some fields. You cant miss it.

Here is a rough estimate on mapquest of where it is: http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_f...7%13%24%2bF%15

The street is not shown on the map. It is south of 380.

Old 07-21-2000, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

You can ride the red river West of the Bridge between Vernon Tx and Davidson OK. The lower the river area, the farther west you can ride.

What's it like at Lake Waco? How big of an area?

Also, how big is the area at Denton?

Old 07-21-2000, 11:30 PM
Range Rover

I havent been to the Waco place yet. Not sure how big Denton is. We usually ride for around 45-60 minutes and then return to the trucks for water. I have only been to a few places so my perspectives are wrong. It seems as if it may be smaller than Marshall Creek but more mud than Marshall Creek. Its one of my favorite places to go.

Old 07-22-2000, 03:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey MuddyRancher, Is that place in Denton the one off of 380 and looks like a river with a bunch of trees chopped down? I've heard stories about this place, but never found it?
I dont have a "Mudmachine", so would Denton still be fun??

Trending Topics

Old 07-23-2000, 12:50 AM
Range Rover

Alright, first note that I edited the directions. I looked at the actual street name today when we went to Rocky Ridge. Denton has some pretty cool stuff for the sport quads. LOTS of jumps and crazy hills. Not quite sure how to explain it, but there are 2-3 very large areas where it is nothing but hills going up and down adn big jumps. Go there and try it out. Even if you dont want to ride mud, I can show you around....drop me an email.

Old 07-24-2000, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

I know of a place in Bonham on the Red River. This place is not real big unless you venture down the river. Take Hwy 121 North to Bonham until you hit Hwy 78(in Bonham) take a left on Hwy 78 and follow to the river. The entrance is on the Oklahoma side and last I heard it was pretty tretcherous getting in and out. On Sundays they usually have the flood gates closed and you can travel west up the river. Next time I go I am taking an innertube and going to tie it to the quad and give rides. The river deepness varies and there are places that a 2wd quad can cross. This is approx. 45 minutes from Plano so it is nice not to have the 1+ hour drive home. Lots of sand and with the river you can always find mud. Just watch out for the quicksand!!!

Old 07-24-2000, 02:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not sure how far you are willing to drive, but there are several good places in East Texas. Fun Wheeler is good if you like mud and only about 2 hours from D/FW. Also a place or two on the Sabine river close to Longview. Hope this helps - KL

Quick Reply: Places to ride in North Texas???