Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Attn: California Riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: California Riders

Have you guys seen the weather for the next ten days, it seems the weather out in the desert will be a little cooler than usual.

Old 05-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridinfolks
Hey Baldmike - We go to Gorman quite a bit ourselves, and we usually have my stepson with us (just turned 13, but looks like 10). Does your boy ride? We're always looking for people to ride with who have kid/s to keep stepson busy. You know how they get "bored" when they're just with the adults. Hey if you're ever interested in meeting up - let me know! We've met a lot of nice families out there.

For Memorial weekend, we're going to Calico Ghost Town (near Barstow). Has anyone ever ridden there? I never had any idea they allow OHV riding there (and RV hookups/campsites/cabin rentals too). Actually, friends we met in Gorman told us about it and said it was pretty cool. The price of the campsite ($21 for RV hookup) even includes entrance into the Ghost Town, where there's like 30 shops, restaurants, museums, tours, etc. It's also "dog friendly". We have a reservation in the "riding area" where we can ride right from our campsite. We thought we'd check it out anyway - always looking for new and exciting places to ride!
Calico is a fun place to explore. VERY DUSTY RIDING though. So bring goggles. Bring a flashlight to explore the many many mines out there. Some of them you can go back a ways.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wahwahRaptor
Have you guys seen the weather for the next ten days, it seems the weather out in the desert will be a little cooler than usual.
That is why I am fitting a trip to Johnson Valley this weekend!

Old 05-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the "dust" warning . . . we're pretty used to that though. I even wear a particle mask inside my helmet - those really help. That way, I'm not blowing dirt out of my nose for the next two days.

Old 05-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior[/i]

Aww queen, you don't like the heat? It's only going to be a nice warm 90+ in Valley next weekend.

Downright chilly 70 on the coast. Better bring the long johns and the parka!

Hah, 70 is perfect for cruising the Jeep w/no top! I'd have to put it back up if I stayed around here!

Old 05-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

I love to see topless girls in a Jeep.......I mean girls in a topless Jeep....You know what I mean. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Vforce, I think what you REALLY meant to say is topless girls in a topless Jeep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I've only been at Pismo for President's Day and it wasn't crazzy or anything like that. Hopefully there will be some nice stuff to look at. And maybe a few people with some sweet toys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Not sure where I'll be out there. People aren't happy with the usual spot.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Originally posted by: wahwahRaptor
Where do you guys go riding for Memorial Weekend.
If you like sand, you can always head to Pismo.
Atleast for the day .... might be a little tough getting a camping spot.

Old 05-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

Just to let everyone no, I called Ocotillio Wells ranger station and they said they had a nice breeze with the temperature at 85 degrees. This was around 2:00 in the afternoon.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridinfolks
Hey Baldmike - We go to Gorman quite a bit ourselves, and we usually have my stepson with us (just turned 13, but looks like 10). Does your boy ride? We're always looking for people to ride with who have kid/s to keep stepson busy. You know how they get "bored" when they're just with the adults. Hey if you're ever interested in meeting up - let me know! We've met a lot of nice families out there.

For Memorial weekend, we're going to Calico Ghost Town (near Barstow). Has anyone ever ridden there? I never had any idea they allow OHV riding there (and RV hookups/campsites/cabin rentals too). Actually, friends we met in Gorman told us about it and said it was pretty cool. The price of the campsite ($21 for RV hookup) even includes entrance into the Ghost Town, where there's like 30 shops, restaurants, museums, tours, etc. It's also "dog friendly". We have a reservation in the "riding area" where we can ride right from our campsite. We thought we'd check it out anyway - always looking for new and exciting places to ride!
Hey there chic,
Not sure where we are going for Memorial day weekend ?
I sure would like to meet up with some people to ride with and I will have my 10 year old son on his Raptor 80.......

P.S. I'm voting for topless hunnies in a jeep.......

Quick Reply: Attn: California Riders