Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New Ride Area in Louisiana!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ride Area in Louisiana!!

Our club, the South Louisiana Trailblazers Inc., was contacted by this individual listed below. He wants to get the word out about his new riding area and to recieve input on what OHV users want in his ride area. Check him out and dial him up. We all need to support anyone who takes a chance and opens up a new ride area. The location is in Louisiana - about 1-1/2 hours below Ruston, 45 mins NW of Natchez, Miss and 4 hours NW of New Orleans. It is not too far from the Marengo Swamp Ride held every year the first weekend of June in Hebert, Louisiana.

"Subject: Re: new recreation club and new riding park

I did receive your email but I did not check my mail until today. I would like you to help me get the word out and give me some advise about how to give people the kind of place they are looking for. I am developing 320 acres now and have several other places to offer next. I have hills, mud and sand.

Thanks,
Dennis Cotten

I have several hundred acres of land in the Sicily Island Hills near Sicily Island La. It has a verity of hills, sand, and mud. The name is Catahoula Recreation Club. If you have any suggestions on how to get the word out please let me know. For more information please call or email

Dennis Cotten

318-389-4450

318-729-1538

Let's support this guy!

Old 05-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have you been there? Is he open during the week or only on weekends? Got driving directions? I would love to give it a shot. Always looking for new places to ride.

Old 05-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Bama 250R:

Tell me about your club. You guys taking new members? Where are you located?

Old 05-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer

Sparkey I haven't been there yet, so you can call them and introduce yourself. Also help spread the word if you can. We still miss Kevin Windhams Flying W ride area that was closed down this past fall.

The South Louisiana Trailblazers are located in SE Louisiana (New Orleans area). We have members from all areas of our state as well as several from Southern Mississippi. Our home ride area is of course the Bonnet Carre Spillway near Norco. We are partnered with the US Army Corp of Engineeers, who manage the Spillway. We have developed many miles of Open and Wooded trails, several MX tracks for adults and children, a flat track, a TT track, a 1000' drag strip, a 1000' half pipe, to name a few. We have invested over a quarter million dollars via Lousiana Recreation Trails grants/donations/work-in-kind in developing these projects over the past few years. We were just awarded another $48,000.00 last month from a state grant to continue building up the OHV trails/tracks at the spillway. Our next project is a 1-1/2 mile Senior MX track for motorcycles only, as well as a small track for Adult Minis (a la the CRF-50 craze). We are also working with the Plaquemine's Parish Council in developing (3) ride areas in their parish. We have over 120 member families and have rides planned for the Marengo Swap Ride, a trip to Wolf Pen Gap in Arkansas, one to Mississippi Dunes, and a Thanksgiving trip to Glamis Dunes in So California. We meet the 2nd Thursday of each month, generally in Harahan. Whew!

You can learn more about our club by joing our us ($20.00 per year) or visiting our website!

http://www.sltrailblazers.org/

You can e-mail me at twboles@wiremasters.com

Old 05-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Range Rover

3+ hours from shreveport [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer

That's just a little better than from N.O. - I wish we had ride areas in every corner of the state - just dreaming.

Old 05-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

wow, haven't heard this.. you need to post it on our board too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'll be staying in Wisner for Marengo, that's close to SI. Maybe we can make a trip there one weekend since I have a free place to stay [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 05-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm according to MapQuest Sicily Island is 74.47 miles from my house.I might have to check it out.
Keep us posted.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2004, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

KFXCarnage, Sicily Island is exactly 1 hour from here (West Monroe). I squirrel hunt there every October. I-20 to Winnsboro, then through Mangham............Sicily Island.

Kraw, you should be about 40 min.s from there while in Wisner.

Oh, yeah, where we hunt at there are some steep hills. I mean STEEP. Sounds like a cool place to ride.

Kraw, I'll be working out of Cut-Off Louisiana this summer. How would I get to the Bonnet-Carre Spillway from 90 East? Is it a good riding area for a Quadracer or more of a 4x4 type venue?

Old 05-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

kewl.

There is fixing to be a new place to ride aout 10 minutes from me.A guy has a couple hundred acres and is building a mx/quad track and then he has dozers and wants to make trails behind the track.He just started working on it couple weeks ago I think.I'm suposed to go meet the guy and check out what he has done today.A good friend of mine is his neighbor.

Quick Reply: New Ride Area in Louisiana!!