Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

central idaho...mccall/cascade

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central idaho...mccall/cascade

are there riding areas/trails in the cascade lake area that are worth riding?
what about the mccall area?
gonna be there in early july.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

I would like to know about the trails in McCall also! I like to led there and think it would be great to see in the summer....I heard about a few guys still snow catin on Memorial day weekend for there last ride of the season!! Awsome!

Ragged

Old 06-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

East of McCall airport Toward Boulder res. there are some West of Donelly on the middle fork of the weiser there are some .
Call Hinson Power Sports in McCall and ask for Shane or Jim they might know .
Tell them The Outlawlawndragster sent ya

Old 06-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. I will look up those guys at the shop. Do you know of any areas close to cascade lake. I think we will be staying on the far side (west??) of the lake in one of the campgrounds.

Old 06-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

If you have a map look for the roads that lead over westmountain . One goes toward the Middle fork of the Weiser river , It is to the north of the lake . The other goes toward the little weiser I think if your close to the south end you can ride up over the top .
Hey one other thing . If you ride on the cascade side on the dirt roads you have to have a license plate on your quad . So i have been told . a sticker isnt good enough for them . It is a big debate that is going on the state says you cant plate an atv for road use . but they still sell the plates in valley county so they can see the # and send you tickets instead of chasing you around .
You might call the cops and ask them
Good luck have fun
P.S. McCall usally has a pretty desent Fireworks show over the lake

Old 07-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the info. Ended up motoring around on the forest roads above the west side campgrounds. The area is now owned by Tamarack. Got hassled a little, but not too badly. Views were great from the top.
It is true (according to the local rangers) that one must have a "street plate" in order to ride on the streets. Campground host and ranger said that county sheriffs can ticket you for riding without. this one is real good.....we stayed in the "federally" run campground...buttercup". we could not ride from our campspot out to the road...woulda been a $$$ ticket for driving on federal roads unproperly licensed...so....they suggested we "walk" our rides out to the road. after that, we took the chance of being ticketed by the local sheriffs. i had NEVER heard of this one....lol. but, we obliged within the campground and took our chances out on the street. what a farse....another way for the govt to get our $$$.
On the other hand.....we also made it down to silver city. what a beautiful area. lots of dust. lots of fun. tons of trails. nice people.
hope to go out riding this sat either to another area near silver city or above boise somewhere.