Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Was Anybody at the Badlands on Saturday the 5th?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2000, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the first time i've been there since last spring. Is it just me or is the place getting all chewed up? I've ridden there for the last 4 years and it seems like it's gone downhill. I could only find 1 decent jump in the whole park. What do you guys think? Also, is Haspin Acres better or worse?

Old 08-11-2000, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Only been once, so can't comment on if it's going down, but I'll be there tommorrow.

I don't care much about jumping, I'm fat and old. I just like to climb and ride the trails.

Dave

Old 08-11-2000, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

IndyDave,
I would have cut off a thumb to have your Scrambler last weekend. The woods were a swamp! I can relate to the age and weight remark. I'm 34 and weigh 240lbs but I still enjoy going airborne. But for the first time I saw the fun of having a 4X4. Have a safe and fun ride.

Old 08-11-2000, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I think I know the swamp your talking about. Directly across the main road from the staging area. Right ?

Thats where I tried out the 4x4 for the first time. The bike was less than 24 hours old, and we had 'em in thigh deep. I got stuck, but, so did my buddies SP500. Got in the truck ruts.

All you could see of me was my eyes. Thats no exageration. People were taking my picture. When I told them the Scramy was only 1 day old, they almost died.

We'll have to meet up there sometime.

Dave

Old 08-13-2000, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

34 is old? I'm fifty-one! I like to ride like IndyDave, so we must be 'way over the hill!

Never been to the Badlands, must get there soon!

Jim

'99 Foreman 450 S

Old 08-13-2000, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Mr. TRX,
Please except my apology. I forget that not everyone on this site is a 14 year old bag of testosterone. Glad to see you know how to have fun.

Old 08-13-2000, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Well guys, actually I'm only 37. Guess I'm just a "big ole wuss".

Truthfully, I'd love to do some jumps, but at 6'2" and 290 lbs, I think it would be pretty hard on me and the bike.

I did get to the Badlands yesterday. As always, had a good time. All the quads and all the riders left on thier own power. No broken parts. Just the usual sore legs and lower backs.

The woods are starting to dry up. Not alot of mud left to play in. But if you like to climb, it's all there. My scrambler still amazes me with how well it does on the sand hills, even with all my weight on it.

If you haven't been there, you need to go. Maybe a few of us could meet up there. I'm usually with three or four others, and I think it's more fun than just two.

Dave

Old 08-13-2000, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer

IndyDave & Trx440

Hey guys, you are pretty young, in your thirities! I never even got on a fourwheeler 'til I was 46! But, one ride and I was hooked! I bought a 400 Foreman in '95, two days after I took a ride on my buddy's. I now have a '99 450. I have ridden quite a bit in southern Ky. As for the jumps, I have gotten off the ground a few times, and you know, those heavy 4x4's come down real hard! I would really like to get to the Badlands before too long! I only heard about it a couple weeks ago! Maybe I'll see some of you there. Ride safe and have fun!

Jim.

Old 08-14-2000, 01:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

...As for the question, Badlands vs. Haspin, depends on what you like to do. I am 33.75 and race the GNC nationals in 30+ class. Had new ACL this spring in right knee but keep plugging along!
I will continue to ride Badlands and am going there with a bunch of buddies Labor day weekend. Email me at quadracer@fwi.com and we can hook up there if you guys want. Love to jump and get big air but keep the Doans pills coming!!!!LOL

Old 08-17-2000, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

did anyone see the new issue of dirtwheels? they have the badlands in it. im from ny and cant wait to get out there on my vacation and check it out. my family is out there so eventually we will get there.atvdave ive talked to you about it on the chat room. ill drive anywhere for a great ride.see ya all there

Quick Reply: Was Anybody at the Badlands on Saturday the 5th?