Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

PA riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2000, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im new this forum, and i was wondering if there was any PA boys that ride out there, that are on this forum. Im from Dunmore,PA near scranton/wilkes barre area.

2000 Honda 400ex

Old 08-08-2000, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

philly quad addicts here!
there is a state park over by pocono raceway and jack frost has ama traxx other then that i don't know but i did here their was riding over by pottsville. if you hear of some riding let us know we allways need somewhere new to go !
check out our pic site lots & lots of pics

Old 08-08-2000, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome !!! there are quit a few spots in the Pottsville area !! Also there is supposed to be a great spot in Carbondale. Thats real close to you !! Some of the other can help you with specifics on that place. I have been to some of the Pottsville area's.. Also Weatherly has a pretty good spot to ride !!
As far as the Carbondale place. Locate the D+H rail trails, and the O&W rail trail . Good luck !!

Jason

Old 08-08-2000, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi i m a new member also looking for places to ride in pa i was at the trails near pocono race 2x in the last 3wks. it is really rocky pretty much all rocks but if you make a right out of there about 1to2 miles down the road on the left is a nice place to ride its got some jumps and the powerlines have trails that go for awhile also in bridgeport,pa there are some trails right around the philadelphia dailynews building im going to there this weekend probably ill let you know how they are

Old 08-13-2000, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

you guys gotta come out tward shamokin,miles upon miles of good riding..coal hills galore

Old 08-13-2000, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Carbondale has some nice hills, even dunmore has some real nice hills, lol, bad spot tho, its real close to the state police barricks

Old 08-14-2000, 12:06 AM
DCK
Weekend Warrior

I've Spoken to local law enforcement there and they informed me that if i rode any place around there i would be tresspassing and coal company's want the Police to enfoce it. too expensive 4 me

Old 08-14-2000, 12:07 AM
DCK
Weekend Warrior

I've Spoken to local law enforcement there and they informed me that if i rode any place around there i would be tresspassing and coal company's want the Police to enfoce it. too expensive 4 me I'm Referring to the Shamokin Area.

Old 08-14-2000, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

your right they just posted alot of coal land but thats still only a small percent of the riding we have.Even the posted parts only gets enforced on the holidays,and is mostly directed to the people in trucks and cars......cops are'nt dumb..they go for the easy targets.

Old 08-14-2000, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Carbondale is a maze, A 1000 ways in and out. The only hot spot is the active rail bed which is patrolled. But i have found the link around it witch is a much better ride. So far I have encountered no resistance.

Let me know if anybody would like a tour? Going up this weekend for a ride and to map.

Quick Reply: PA riders