Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone riding in Rhode Island

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone riding in Rhode Island

I know a few places that have been pretty safe. One is of I-95 Exit 5b (Rte. #102 North Take right hand turn (It's almost a u-turn) on to Barnett Lane. Follow to dunes on left. Park deep and ride hard. This area is not near many houses or businesses and the traffic noise from I-95 drowns out the sound of us riding. Anyone interested? Let me know. I'll meet you out there for a ride.

Also, there will be an organizational meeting at the Best Western in West Greenwich on August 22nd held by the NOHVCC. This is a OHV Association Development meeting. Sorry deadline is past but to keep posted about these issues log on to the NOHVCC website. Hopefully the organization gets through to the state of little Rhody so they can stop simply extorting $10 registration fees for atv's while providing no legal place to ride!!!

Old 08-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer

explain the area a bit, i may be interested in coming down

Old 08-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

The area mixed hard pack and soft pack sand. Also, some trails surrounding the area. There is a hard pack road so you can park deep into the area. I used to ride hare scrambles and this was a great area to practice in. But now I've switched to quads cause I'm a little older and don't need to ride over my head. I just started riding quads so I'm looking to get some handlebar time in. Weekends are good for me. Just let me know if you're interested and well set something up.

Old 08-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'd be up for heading out to that place. I'm in Mystic CT, so it's like 20 min. up 95 for me. I can ride 18 or the 19. How is the DEP out that way?

Talk later
Stan

Old 08-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

dep can be tuff.you could go to the new mx track right in johnston,ri.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

What have you heard about the DEP? I haven't ridden at this place in a few years. Therefore, if they have been cracking down, please let me know. Where do you usually ride?

Old 08-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've talked with them a few times, but so far no tickets. So far they have yet to catch me with the quad out of my truck bed. I was told that there are no legal places to ride in RI, and the place your talking about is kind of close to the last place I was riding when I saw them. I ride mostly local stuff around my house in CT, there are some good trail about a mile from my house. There are other place not to far with sandpits, trails, and hill climbs, however nothing is legal so the risk is always there.

talk later
Stan

Old 08-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Regarding the place where you saw DEP. Was the place behind a BJ's Warehouse? Also, was the officer on a quad? Supposedly the owner of the land Nick Cambio donated $2500 to the Coventry Police in order to purchase a quad to crack down on riders on his land. He's developing an industrial park in that area between New London Turnpike and Hopkins Hill Rd. However, the plans are vague and there is no actual engineering plan for where the roads will go. He also wants to build housing there, which the town of Coventry has been challenging him on. That's basically the scoop for that area. However the area I'm refering to is in West Greenwich and is several miles and four exits south of Cambio's land. I've never had a problem there. However, I plan to check it out soon and I'll reply back to you with my results.

Ed

Old 08-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a utility quad and they aren't allowed on the MX tracks.

Sorry,

Ed

Old 08-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

sure they are.just put it in two wheel drive.my track rocks.the place that you guys are talking about is exit 5 across from the truck stop.no riding in there for some time now.the owner and west greenwich say no way..if you guys want to come up let me know and i will give you directions.mike bard wa there today.he is ranked 25 nationwide.just keep the noise down with the four strokes thats all.we can be courteous and still ride.wed,thur,fri 11 till 7 20 bucks,sat and sun 9 till 7 25 bucks and all the gear,including roost vest.go to www.nedirtbikes.com and rgister to view the pay to play forum.thats me.pics are under misc photos and action shots.check out the quad doing the 45 foot triple.thats muff from n stonington,ct.

Quick Reply: Anyone riding in Rhode Island