Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Places to ride in the BlackHills

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to ride in the BlackHills

I'm thinking about making a trip out to SD to the blackhills. I'm wondering if there are trails out there to ride, or if it's all forest rodes?
Any input would be great!

Old 08-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to ride in the BlackHills

Do a search for the Black Hills or South Dakota in this thread and you will find several posts on this. I ride out there a few times a year. You can ride any forest service rode that is not marked closed and there is one spot on the South Dakota Centenial Trail the you can ride ATVs. The starts at the Pilot Know trail head and runs up through Nemo to Dalton Lake. A forest service map will show this route and it is marked very good on the trail.

I also ride at a place East of Rapid City called Farmingdale. If you take Hwy 44 East out of Rapid City through a town (couple houses) called Farmingdale you will see a small gas station on the North side of the road. Take a right and go South about 2 miles, you cann't miss the parking area. This is part of the Buffalo Gap National Grasslands. It has a lot of trails with steep hill climbs and areas are like the Bad Lands. If you are there on a weekend there will be a lot of dirt bikes and the areas close to the road but you really don't notice them once you get back a little ways from the road.

If you need more information just let me know. I hope you have a great time.