Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NJ RR Tracks WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ RR Tracks

I'm sure a few of you guys are riding the tracks throughout the state. I was told by a Cop that there is a push to impound quads on the state's tracks. Well, sure enough a kid who my son rides with got impounded today. I undertsand they threw the book at him too. Lots of fines..............

Old 09-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Range Rover
Default NJ RR Tracks WARNING

nj and its cops suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2004, 12:13 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

I actually understand the reasons behind that. Here in the Seattle area, there has been a big increase in deaths on train tracks. The train tracks belong to the rail company, not the general public. When people are smart enough to stay off of the tracks, things might change. If your only place to ride is on the tracks, you have the wrong hobby. People that continue to disobey the laws only make all of us look bad. If you want the image of a no good atv rider, remove your silencers, continue to ride without a helmet, and stay on the tracks. Its reasons like that, that public land usage is going away. My 2 cents.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

<<<If your only place to ride is on the tracks, you have the wrong hobby>>>

Says who, you or the politicians?

Personally I don't ride the tracks much, almost never. I have a trailer and take my kids to various riding spots. But, I can feel for a kid who has no where to ride or who's parents aren't involved in trailering them around the east coast. NJ riders have been using the tracks forever.

Most kids in NJ have NOWHERE to ride but the tracks..........

Old 09-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer

Would you guys that think track riding is ok, still feel that way if you were on a train crew and came around a curve and ran some stupid smuck over. Just because parents are not involved with a kid is no justification for breaking the law. Railroad tracks in most instances are private land and it is illegal to ride on them. I do work for a railroad and it has nothing to do with politicians, just common sence. Beleive me if you are riding on tracks and a train approaches you from behind it is very doubtful that you will here it. We here this staement all the time so I am not bull shi$$ing you one bit. Get a life, keep a life and stay the f$%# off the tracks. If this offends anyone then so be it because you done already offended me with your self centered arrogance. I would rather offend you then read your name in the death stats we see all the time working for railraods.

Old 09-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

easy for you to say, Mr. I live in St. IDA. where the population is about 10 and the population for squirrels is 10,000. People are gonna ride the tracks one way or another. People will make bad decisions. People will learn from them. I cross tracks when i have to. Do i like riding tracks, not really . Do i to get place to place. sure do. Dont need to hear (notice how i spelt that right) your chippy attitude towards people like me. Who actually live where we buy our food in supermarkets and not off our front porch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] !!

C-YA, drive hard and drive safe.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Right on Freddy......

Old 09-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I'd feel more sorry for his parents when he gets hit by a train because he didn't get out of the way quick enough.

Old 09-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Well, would you buy a boat if you didn't live near water? If not, then why buy a quad if the only place to ride is illegal? Heck, I ride the road at times and it is illegal, but if you are going to break the law, expect to get in trouble. Don't buy a quad, ride it illegally and cry because got caught.

Old 09-25-2004, 11:58 PM
TRV
Trailblazer

I get a kick out of folks who try to justify tresspassing on RR tracks! Really shows their intelligence! Train vs. ATV is not a good situation. Trespassing by irresponsible people is one of the main reasons why the ATV sport is going down the tubes and places are getting closed so I do hope that these folks are penalized harshly. We have had 2 fatalities here locally this summer by people doing irresponsible things on ATVs and riding on RR tracks is a good way to get erased from the gene pool. To see a parent defending a kid's descision to ride on RR tracks is amazing! Why not just send them out on the NJ Turnpike????

Quick Reply: NJ RR Tracks WARNING