Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Spurgeon, IN: ANYTHING NORTH OF 1200 CLOSED

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spurgeon, IN: ANYTHING NORTH OF 1200 CLOSED

READ THIS:

Dear sirs:

I represent Energy Conversion Corp. (ECC) of Anderson, So. Carolina. ECC owns a tract of land in Pike County Indiana that is being used by ATV riders as a place of recreation without the permission of ECC. You appear to have identified ECC's property as a place to ride in the Lynnville (Spurgeon) area on your website. My client is causing a gate to be installed at the only vehicular entrance to its property. The property is being posted. Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officers and local Indiana law enforcement officers are being notified of the current trespassing situation and they have been authorized to arrest and prosecute any and all trespassers on ECC property. Of course, any arrest for trespass may result in the impoundment of vehicles in the discretion of the arresting officers.

You would be doing your members a service to notify them of the potential for arrest on the ECC property. You must immediately remove this property from the list of "available" sites to ride and recant your previous posting regarding this property.

The trespassers are causing damage to ECC by interfering with the showing of this property to potential customers and by causing a devaluation of the property by the presence of such a trespassing problem.

We trust that you will take appropriate action immediately.

Sincerely,

Anthony Long
Attorney At Law
Boonville, Indiana

All I can say is wow. I got stopped a couple of weeks ago because some guy said there were people riding on coal piles that were off limits. He told me it was going to happen and I guess it did. I guess we can only ride the State owned side for now. Oh well, what else is new around the state of Indiana. If I hadn't just bought my quad I would sell it and buy a street bike.