Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

lond island atv riding!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lond island atv riding!

hello! when are we geting a riding area to ride atv on long island! i am a big atv addvicate! i have wrote several newspapers over the years n my work has gottn published! they have have nothing better to do than bother us atv riders when they can be focusing on drug dealers and so forth!we dont bother anybody!

fyi:supposly i was told ,with the money we pay to ny state for our plates for our atvs, in return ny state was suppsoed to give us a riding area but they never did! but i head also ny stae is in the process of giving us a trail system on long island!

there is a motorcross track in yapank but it is a rip off!u have to pay a $100 a year membership n everytime u go riding its like 30 bucks! plus it suxs!it more for dirtbikes anyway!they were supposed to have a quad track n a go cart track but they still dont have one yet! go upstae n its like 8 bucks to ride all day!

i use to own the following, a 1985 kawi kdx 80 dirtbike, a yami tw200 enfuro, a 82 kawi klt200b trike (caught fire n junked it,short in stator)), a yami 200cc shaft drivin trike, a 1985 honda 125 trike (caught fire n scrapped,gas cap was loose to help it run,jumped with it n bike expload into flames from fuel spilling)a 1984 honda 200e (bought from ebay n it was a hunk of crap,i pparted it out on ebay so i lost 100 bucks! i am in the markey soon for another one,like a 250x or a 250ex. and a blaster .

Old 01-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

Keep us informed on this. I'd like to hear more about it. As for riding in L.I., I got no clue bro. I'm in the same boat as you. However, I am meeting up with a member from this club, by the name of PROS, tomorrow and we are going riding in the morning. I live in the Bronx, just over the Throggs Neck Bridge. He told me the more the merrier.
If you're interested in going, give me a call @ 347-992-8028.
I'll be up all night. I have to be at work by Midnight and I get off at 8a.m.
I'm meeting up with PROS at 8:45a.m.
If anyone is in the area and wants to go, call me.

Manny

Old 01-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Same I want to hear about this. I live in Long Island, New Hyde Park.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

ok i will let everyone know if i hear anything else. i believe there is a atv track in manorville,ny but u have to be a memeber of the group,i think itis called the long island off road assc, soemthing like that n they are 2 fightng for a riding area on long island! they have meetings once a month! and usually non members are invited to attend! i mean u goota admit , like we need another house built, or a shopping mall! whats wrong with the ones that exist already! if anybody knows anything else let us know ok!

yeah i dont have a quad yet but hope to have one in a couple of months! when i am ready maybe i will put the word out if u guys no anybody selln one!thanx! have fun riding n be safe n always wear your helmet!

Old 01-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Range Rover

The website is LIORV.com-its 125 for the year(discounts and other stuff)and you can ride at their facility off sunrise highway- exit 59 for 20$ a day all wekends and holidays
I just went yesterday-it has a tight trail riding area(lap it in 1 minute)
and a track set up-NICE!!!!!!it has berms,jumps,alternatepaths etc.-laps in about 90 seconds-FUN!

you all should join-they fight for ATV rights,so your money goes to a good cause.

If anyone else has a safe place to ride-let me know-I'm there!

PS.there are also two other tracks I know of-bohemia(SMALL MX)and islandmotocross-REAL atv race track

Old 01-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

It says there is no such website.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

its called LIORV.gov is the website: also go under your search engine n look under: where to ride atvs on long island, there is alot of info there to play with.i will keep everybody updated!thanx!

Old 01-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Right by the Long Island expressway there is a place where every body rides at exit 56. It used to be a huge place but then a Hotel started going up next to it and not many people ride there any more. But at Exit 52 on the Lie there are many trails and litle places to go.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

Problem is,ts a crap shoot.If you pick the day the cops are there on ATV's - kiss your quad goodbye!
Atleast LIORV organizes trips for all day or weekend riding with no worries or restrictions.
We could organize our own if we get some people together...maybe upstate or a little ways into Pennsylvania-any suggestions?

Old 01-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

gtpusa is the small mx track in bohemia on like 10st ? off of pond road i hear that there was one there do u kno naythign aobut this?

Quick Reply: lond island atv riding!