Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Short atv trip into Canda,what do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short atv trip into Canda,what do I need?

I am going on a 4 day atv ride in the Quebec province of Canada.This might only a one time ride,do I have to register my atv there? Do they have trail passes for single days of riding?
Any info would be of help,I have been searching online and haven't found anything.
thanks,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Day passes are $25 Canadian, season passes (good 10/31 - 10/31) are $100 Canadian. You need proof of registration, and insurance, from whatever state you are in. The trails are awesome. There is a forum for quebec area, called Quadnet. They have an english forum on the site. Here is a link. http://www.quadnet-ca.net/phpBB2/vie...c9103d964853bc

You will find people very helpful and lots of good info. Get ready for some great riding. You will love it.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info Adirondack.ATV's don't have to be insured in Mass. just registered which my atv is already and I will have proof of that.From what I understand,the place we are staying at will provide us with trail passes.I have also heard that once we ride there we will certainly want to go back again.Groomed atv trails for winter riding in Canada! how cool is that? !

Old 01-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

You will love the trails. You will be driving right through my neck of the woods on your way there (Plattsburgh, NY). Drive safe and have a great time!

Old 01-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Range Rover

I tried to get info on the insurance requirements for riding the trails in Canada.I haven't been able to get anything.My auto insurance company also checked into it and could not find any liablility coverage.I hope this doesn't become a problem. We are riding in an area that is above the Maine and New Hampshire border,an hour's drive inside the Canadian border,a town called Thetford Mines.

Old 01-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

When purchasing trail passes, in Canada, I have always been asked for a copy of my registration, and insurance. Here is where I purchase my atv insurance. www.atv-line.com. Straight liability runs me about $40-45 per quad.

Old 01-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

Dude what ever you do, If you see a sign on the trails that youre riding that say OFSC trail, you will want to get off of it asap. My buddy and I were out this past weekend in a private Forest, that you have to spend $20.00 a day to ride in, and when we got there, paid the moneys we found and and were charged with illegal riding and no valid trail permits. All of this after paying our $20.00 emmission fee. Just becareful of were you ride in canada.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Range Rover

Adirondack,I checked with that web site you posted....atv-line....just my luck,they don't offer atv insurance in Massachusetts.The guy I'm driving up to Canada with is suppose to get in touch with other riders that are going on this excursion,2 local guys and other riders from New Hampshire,I'm hoping that one of these guys will have some info since they have done this trip before.
I appreciate all your help,
thanks again,
Cleve

Old 02-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

I need help here..... we are running into dead ends.
We can't get insurance for our atv's here in Massachusetts.I checked online and nobody will offer any kind of atv insurance in Massachusetts.I called a motel in the area we are riding our atv's (Quebec province),they told us we can purchase trail permits from them without having insurance but the atv's have to be registered.I called the police dept in the town we are staying at and they said we need insurance...so because I live in this state,I can't ride my atv in Canada?
any help would be appreciated...

Old 02-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Cleve,

Is your quad at least registered in MA? If I were you, I would go to the english site on the Quadnet forum and ask your question. Many members of atv clubs in the province of Quebec regularly check the forum and may be able to provide you an exact answer. I think that you may be able to get away w/ purchasing a season pass for $135 Canadian and it may actually cover you for insurance. I know that they don't charge us (in NY) the extra $35 as we already are required to carry insurance in NY. Best of luck to you!

Quick Reply: Short atv trip into Canda,what do I need?