Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield McCoy Trail System

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2000, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first section of the Hatfield McCoy Trail System open's on October 9th, 2000. Here is a link for more information.

http://www.trailsheaven.com/

Old 09-20-2000, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

I just ordered my Annual Permit. I will be there on opening day and hopfuly for the whole week.
Wayne B

Old 09-20-2000, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

Who else is going I am going to be going by myself and will be looking for people to ride with. I can not beleive there hasn't been more response to this tread. I am hopefully making my camping reservation tomorrow. I have been waiting for this since it was annonced that this system was going to open.
Wayne B

Old 09-21-2000, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

duh...hehehe I think I will be there since it is about 30 miles from my house, come on down fellows anybody needs help in anyway don't hesitate to ask I am a deputy sheriff here and looking forward to it...maybe we can get together and hit some off trails if you have the b#lls for it...come on down fellows...

Old 09-21-2000, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

I have rode at Keystone WV and this place is a blast. I can't wait to get on the Hatfield Mccoy System. What are the usaul low temps in the winter up there? We can ride in confort in the 20 degree area.

Old 09-24-2000, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also cannot believe there aren't more posts to this thread. I live 3 miles from an access road to the H/Mc trail and have ridden most of the trails they plan to use. I helped scout app. 800 miles of trails and they are great. I am really looking forward to the opening of the system so everyone can enjoy riding the way our locals do. If any one wants to hook up for a ride, reply here and we'll try to get a trip planned. The loop closest to me is app. 80 miles and has some more and most difficult trails, depending of course, on your style of riding. I can tell you now, these trails are awesome, and the locals have the right attitude about atv'ers. So make plans to visit now and you will not be disappointed.

K.A. Simpson
AKA Big Daddy Trail Boss

Old 09-24-2000, 11:31 PM
Range Rover

Hatfieldrider
I am going to be there the whole first week, I will be arriving on the 8th so I can find the trail heads and and just check the area out. If you want to meet up it would be nice since I will be riding alone. I want to start riding early on Oct 9th from either Logan or Man trail heads, arer either one of those near you. If you want email me your phone number or my number is 703-729-2472. I am hoping to stay at Cheif Logan State Forest. Is there anything closer to the trail heads to camp. I can go self-contained two or three days if there is anything close to do that.
Thanks
Wayne B

Old 09-25-2000, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have ridden around Keystone, in the Pinnacle Creek area. Which is across the mountian from Keystone. Is that where you were riding? That will be one of the best areas in the whole H/Mc system. I live about 50 miles from Keystone by highway, but its about 70 miles if traveled through the woods. There is also a 99.5 mile loop that we ride. If you love to ride, this is the place. Any questions, call me at 304-664-9650. Ask for Kendell.

K.A. Simpson
AKA Big Daddy Trail Boss

Old 09-25-2000, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

Big Daddy, Our club tried to put a trip together to go to Keystone on the weekend of the 14th, 15th, & 16th of October but a local poker run at the B&B we normally stay at booked the place up. We will probably try to go in November between my tough work scedule. There is a Poker run leaving Cherry-Key Inn on that weekend. You might want to check it out!!!

Old 09-26-2000, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys, I'm glad to see so much enthusiasm for what is going to be the best trail system east of the Mississippi. I don't mean to sound cocky or anything but I have riden other trails and I'm very proud of what we have put together here. It has been 9 long, hard years in the making but in just 14 days it will be a reality, we will be OPEN! You may ask why I say we, I'm the Lead Field Technician for the trail system. I personally invite all of you to come to southern West Virginia to see what we all have worked so hard for, to make the best trail system possible for all of you, the off-road enthusiast

Quick Reply: Hatfield McCoy Trail System