Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

st.joe

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default st.joe

I'm planning on comming up Sat. I got 2 bikes to get broke in.

I just hope to keep up now every body has picked up the pace. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's hard for a FAT GUY to keep up!!

Old 02-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default st.joe

I have managed to get a new throttle cable on the Banshee, now I just have to replace the clutch,
Can you get alot more life out of the clutch using a lockout? I know the lockout helps with slipping but how about longevity.

JMiller

Old 02-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default st.joe

Originally posted by: THEBOM

I just hope to keep up now every body has picked up the pace. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's hard for a FAT GUY to keep up!!

Jeff, what are you breaking in?

Old 02-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default st.joe

Jay, they say that the lockup does help lenthen the life of the clutch. The steel plates look better than the ones that came out of the 400 Cheetah and the ol' 420. But the pads on the fiber plates is where I can see the wear. Actually, I am somewhat surprised that the plates lasted this long. I have routinely replaced clutch plates once every year.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default st.joe

Originally posted by: 400CatDriver
Originally posted by: THEBOM

Jeff, what are you breaking in?
I broke in a LT500 and a new 725 Pami motor.

I found out you can't run pro wedges against paddles. I was getting kill on the Dinasour.

It was a good day of racing.

About 3:30 my brother in law got cut off and crashed hard. It broke his top shoulder bone and cracked his lower ribs. They said he had a little blood in his uren in the sample but nothing to worrie about. Just brused his kinneys alittle. He is home and resting. And yes he is sore!!!

Old 02-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default st.joe

I hate to hear about that crash. I've been afraid that was going to happen. Everyone is becoming so fast that the situation is becoming worse. Many of the normal riders either don't realize or don't respect the drag area and I'm afraid that this is just the beginning. I've been thinking about not running the Banshee out there anymore because I don't want to hurt/kill someone. Not to mention that I don't want to risk my health.

Anyways, we hope he makes a full recovery soon. I guess it was Faron??

Daren

Old 02-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default st.joe

No, this was Carry, on the Predator.

Yes, the bikes are getting so fast it does make you have to speed more time watching out for the other guy. If we could just block off a nice strip and run it one way and keep people from crossing it. That would make me feel much safer.

90mph plus is fast in an open park with no way to keep the people not watching were they are going out of in front of you.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default st.joe

nitrousyfz.....what happen to your YFZ Saturday?

JMiller

Old 02-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default st.joe

the 2 bolts that mount the rear brake caliper to the brake plate came loose and the caliper fell off and ripped the brake line in half, we loaded up and went to that yamaha dealer in town there and they didn't have one so we went home, I was bummed, first time out in 2 months and get in 2 runs and broke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] i already fixed it, i'll be out sat weather permiting.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default st.joe

I'm glad to here that it didn't seriously tear anything up. Your quad is the fastest YFZ that I've seen....I can only imagine what how it will perform once you tear into the motor.

JMiller

Quick Reply: st.joe