Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Street Legal ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Legal ATV's

I just got off the phone with the Arizona DMV (1-800-251-5866 e-0). To make it street legal in AZ. you need on your ATV:

Horn
Muffler
Brakes front & back
Fuel Cap
License Plate Light
Tail light Head light
Stop Light Rear view Mirror.

They said after you pass a safety inspection with the above items. Then you can tag it....

Gee Wish Arkansas would be that way....

Old 03-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

I used to live in a little town in AZ. My Polaris was street legal and all they really cared about was the plate. I drove it everyday back and forth to work, the store, post office, wherever. It never rained where I was, so that wasn't a worry either. There would always be at least a couple of atvs at the gas station when I went to fill up. It was so cool. That is the greatest place to live IMO

Old 03-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I wish more ppl here in Wyoming would tag thier ATV's. It is very easy and cheap. All it takes is insurance, a mirror "somehwere" on the front of the bike and a tag. There are very few that I know of here. It is a blast riding a quad on the city streets during the summer. We are probably moving into town later this year, So I will actually have more places to ride.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah,

I just got my Suzuki Vinson tagged here in Decatur, GA. The process was surprisingly simple; just a few extra forms to fill out at the DMV. I've been pulled over once by a cop but of course when he ran my tag and saw it come back on his computer as a legitimate registration he was surprised as hell and didn't know what to do so he had to let me go.

I love riding it around town especially with gas being so expensive. It costs me $7.00 to fill up for the week.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wonder what it would take to do that in NY....lmfao.....good luck with that! Never happen here.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

If I lived in town I would be riding my quad to work except when it rained. I would save a butt load of gas money. I live 25 miles from town, so It will never happen.

Old 11-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

That sounds cool! I wonder if that would work in Iowa? I am suprised they don't make you have a speedometer also so you know how fast you are going.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Same here in SD, need a license plate, rear view mirror, horn, head and tail lights, brake lights, and at least 200cc's. I have 3 of mine legal...can ride anywhere except interstate highways.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone ever try to get one tagged in WI?

I've been thinking about looking into it!

Old 11-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

I looked into it in Michigan and they said NO WAY! The Secretary of State booklet says they are made to ride on trail and are too unstable for street use. That sucks because it would be great for the short trips around town with getting into my gas guzzler truck. Although, I really don't know what the mileage is on my quad. Probably not much better.

Quick Reply: Street Legal ATV's