Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

A place to ride in Oglesby, Illinois?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A place to ride in Oglesby, Illinois?

My buddies are wanting me to go ridding at this place in oglesby and said its OK to ride there. They said everyone goes there and there will be no problem!

My question is does anyone know of the place and if I risk a chance of getting in trouble for riding there. I already have a ticket this year for ridding on Private property and road. They said its huge and people ride there all the time.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Has No one herd of a place near oglesby?

Old 04-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey hows it goin, i noticed your forum on here and figured i'd write back. I'm from Oglesby and no one really has problems around here, but when we do it's when people that arent familiar with the area, buzzin around. We dont mind new people coming around its just that there sometimes alot of people down there especially kids and they like jumpin the big hills and you HAVE ! to know which ones to go up and down or else there is gonna be alot of wrecks. I've seen it happen before, aint pretty. Other than that its great riding. I've lived next to the woods my whole life riding since I was a kid and its only 30 seconds away from my house so thats pretty conveinant. But my advice would be to have someone you know bring you down there, If they know where there goin.... Write back we'll keep in touch.

Old 04-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

ok thats good to hear, they go there a few times a year and I just didn't feel like going somewere and riding on someones land that doesnt want us there! There are enouph people giving us a bad rap. I didn't want to be one of those guys. but as long as they don't mind then I may be going with them next weekend!

Do you have any GPS point of interest there(river crossings, nice views, good spots to take a break,ect..)? I just got a gps for the quad and plan on posting gps points for places like the cliffs, badlands, and any other PUBLIC spots, I wont post any from there, as that is not an open to the public place! I think this would be a good idea for people who have never been there and pay $20+ to ride at a place, atleast they will get the most out of it!

Old 04-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

did a game warden ticket you?
theres an atv task force witch
patrolls in an area not too farr away
from me.because of all the accidents/thefts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]