Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Tri-County ATV Park CUP Request

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri-County ATV Park CPU Request

Does anyone know if the Rice County Board of Commissioners granted the Tri-County ATV Park there CUP Request to add land to there existing riding area at there April 12th meeting?

Old 04-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tri-County ATV Park CUP Request

The minutes weren't posted on their website, but I have a voice mail into Shelly Langevin right now. I'll let you know what I find out...

Old 04-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the update. Lets hope it passed, it would be great if they were able to expand.

Old 04-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I just got off the phone with Shelley, and the Board of Commissioners approved the conditional use permit to expand Tri-County Pit by a vote of 5-0. One small victory!

Old 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Where is the tri county pit? I know its down by Faribault, but what are the driving directions. I looked in the MNDNR site, and it lists it, but no directions. Is it mainly for sport quads, or will a ute rider find it fun too?

Old 04-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

You can check out my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/members/bryguy, which has a description of the area on it from my trip last weekend. There are also pictures at the "unofficial" Tri-County website, http://mf3984.homestead.com/faribault.html

From Faribault, you basically go north on Highway 3 towards Northfield, and then make a right where the sign says the Recycling Center is. Then, you make the first right onto the first gravel road. You'll see the parking area off to your left.

It's a pretty fun place. I think a utility wouldn't have any problems out there. We may be organizing another ride out there soon. Let me know if you'd like to join up...

Old 04-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds good, Id like to get there at least once and check it out, and meet the guys on here. Is this atv only? can motorcycles go there too?

Old 04-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

It's an ATV-Only Pit, since the dollars come from ATV Registration funds. No bikes or trucks out there ... The pit closes at sunset ... no alcohol or drugs, etc. etc. The main rule is to just ride responsibly out there, stay out of the fields and roads, etc..

I actually just got off the phone with Ray Trahan, the club president, and since the CUP has been approved, they are just awaiting the funding and the go ahead from the DNR. Once this is accomplished, another pit and trails would be opened to the east of the existing pits.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

that's a lot of junk cars to move out of there to open that area.

I didn't hear back on the DS today. Hopefully it will be done by this weekend.

Hondabuster,

there has been directions posted here in the Connection about Tri-County pit. Try a search for Tri-County.

Otherwise,

if you're coming from Anoka, the best way I can tell you to go is to take I-35 south to the HWY 19 Northfield exit, turn left and go into Northfield. Hang a right onto HWY 3 South and follow that to the Recycling Center signs that Klier mentioned. The rest is a piece of cake.

So far, we may be looking for a Sunday ride at Tri-County.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a few riding photos at the Tri-County ATV park in my atvconnection.com gallery ...

AtvConnection.com Gallery
http://forums.atvconnection.com/photos.cfm/ID/237/

And a few more here ...

Personal Site
http://atvgarage.homelinux.net/img/tmp/

-- Chad

Quick Reply: Tri-County ATV Park CUP Request