Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Louisiana/Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisiana/Texas

I'm looking for places to ride within an hour or so dive. I live in Sulphur, LA it's about 20 miles from texas. I'm new to this atv thing so I don't need anything too challenging. Also, do most places require helmets?

Thanks guys,

Old 05-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Louisiana/Texas

There are two places I know of within an hour of Sulphur. The old Texas Long horn club on the Texas side is now a motor cross track. Not sure the hours its open but looks like fun.

Second is Holly Beach. But you have to go outside of town on the beach to ride. No atvs allowed near the beach towards town.

If you get a wild hair, La. Dunes is about 1 1/2 away from sulphur, near Forest Hill, Louisiana.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Louisiana/Texas

Thanks DSrider,

What are the dunes like? trails or wide open? I can ride the pipelines here but I'm looking for some trails through the woods with some climbing and, of course, some mud.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Louisiana/Texas

La. Dunes is a 500+ acre sand pit. It does have a few trails, a creek and does offer some mud riding.

If your looking for mud and trials. Try Camp Claibourne just 10 minutes north of La. Dunes. Or try the Kisatchie forest on the west side of the Forest, trip is about 1 1/2 hours to the north of Lake Charles, and approximatly 20 minutes north of Leesville on Hwy 117. If you need directions let me know.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Louisiana/Texas

The LA Dunes is alot of fun.
On the Texas side there is a State Forrest at Call, Texas. The name is O.C. Seikee State Forrest. Several thousand acres of trails. There are no rules that I know of.
At Alto, Texas there is Shiloh Ridge. About 2000 acres of hills, trails, mud, a great fun place to ride. It is private land and a small fee is charged but it is well worth it. They have a nice camping area.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Louisiana/Texas

Thanks for the info guys. The state forest, O.C. Seikee sounds like it's the closest. I'll probably go there first.

Old 05-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Louisiana/Texas

My younger brother and a group of friends went to Kisatchie this weekend. They had a blast. Said that they have cut a brand new 34 mile loop through the woods and its real nice, from what they said. I hope to make the trip next weekend to a new place they talked about north of DeRidder. I will let you know how it goes when I return.

Have to change pipes and jetting for the woods, dont think the park rangers would like hearing or seeing a huge open drag pipe blowing through wooded forest.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default Louisiana/Texas

1bigdsrider look on bombardier at this forum and check out arkansas sand drag!

Old 06-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Louisiana/Texas

Cool I will!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Louisiana/Texas

Sticker
I went to two places within the past two months, one is about an hour or so and the other is twice that, however it was twice the trail. The closer one was camp Enduro which is just south of Leeseville and was fairly nice and had good riding but trails are not so clearly marked. More than 100 miles of trails at Enduro. The second was into Kisatchie on 117 but was extremely nice I am told the best in the state. It is the sandstone trail and roots in the trail were almost non existent. That particular trail is a 39 mile loop that is very navigatable. Either trail is a good ride, the only drawback right now is that they are so dusty, but did not stop me and won't stop me from going next month. Hope this helps