Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

black river falls wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005 | 11:31 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default black river falls wisconsin

anybody know about the new connecting trail to hatfield? i'm assuming it links up to clark county. where is it in relation to the arrowhead lodge in black river falls? thanks

Old 05-20-2005 | 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

my grandparents own land up their and i get the local paper from up there delevered to my house. let me look throiugh some issues and ill get back to you

Old 05-20-2005 | 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

go to the Wisconsin DNR site and donwload the BRF map.. the connector trail is by Lake Artubus.. I've taken it many times up to Clark county. You can easily ride 200 miles in a day if conditions are good.

Old 05-20-2005 | 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Heres some info for you. Theres a map and some info on the Hatfield trail connector.

Jackson County atv trails

Old 05-24-2005 | 07:28 PM
Range Rover

I noticed on the map that no ATV access allowed into Millston anymore?

Anyone know if you can still get to the gas station? What about the tavern for food? If they shut down the loop at Millston, that sucks because that was always a good ride.

Old 05-24-2005 | 08:35 PM
Range Rover

When I was up at Black River Falls last year you could not get to the gas station or food. Trail stops at the parking lots.

Old 05-24-2005 | 11:04 PM
Range Rover

We went throuh there last year and went through the same as usual and didn't know you weren't supposed to. However there were other 4 wheeleers there also. Maybe it was closed after we were there. I will go to the DNR office here in BRF tomorrow and find out for sure. I will post the info tomorrow. Last year the gas station closed also and it was the only place in town that you could get gas in Millston. But it is open again now. Will let you know. I hear the trails are really wet.. Dean

Old 05-25-2005 | 08:36 AM
Range Rover

Dean, I called the locals, Sheriff and local ATV club in Millston and all told me you can make it into Millston to get gas and food ~~ although not legal, no one will bother you or issue citations.

They are working on re-routing the trail along Hwy 12 into Millston so that the trail does not parallel the highway and until the new route is done, we can continue to use the trail between Hwy 12 and the railroad tracks. I always go 5-10 MPH on that stretch because of the road and houses nearby.

I also e-mailed the DNR and am waiting for their response. I am sure they will tell me that you cannot however I fell confident in the people I spoke to! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2005 | 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone know if the current conditions are better than they were several weeks ago.. Is it still wet and muddy everyone or just in spot areas?

Old 05-25-2005 | 02:28 PM
Range Rover

Thanks HP500efi.. That is good news. As far as the trails are concerned, I haven't been on them myself. Still working on my wheeler. However, everybody says they are really in bad shape in some areas. So take that for what is is worth. But all the 4 wheelers I see on trailers are REALLY covered. We are supposed to get some more rain before the weekend. But they have been predicting it off and on and haven't got most of it although it's Memorial weekend and so.... Dean

Quick Reply: black river falls wisconsin