Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

wolf pen gap ( mena,ark)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolf pen gap ( mena,ark)

well me and 3 of my friends went to wolf pen yesterday. dusty as hell , but dam do i love that place. i heard that the parks people came in and did a water sample during 4th of july weekend . thats just wrong. why are they always trying to shut down are trails? i almost never see trash on those trails and everybody i see on those trails are always nice and polite. i wish they would just leave the atv community alone and let us just have fun and spend some good time with are friends.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Range Rover

Word is out that almost all of the trails outside of WPG (AREA PAST SUGAR CREEK) and all the road riding that was ok before has been shut down. Pretty much just WPG to ride now. Everyone needs to start getting active to help keep riding open.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

i live in texarkana, so the closes place to ride good trails is wolf pen,albert pike or bear creek. i'v never been to bear creek ,but my friends say it's ok. i heard recently , that you can't even go to the blue hole(albert pike) anymore because they had to shut it down because the water. i have never seen people take four wheelers up those creeks, yes you have to go through a couple .but i'v never seen people with 4wheel drive, lift kit, 28 inch tires ,monsters in the creek just trying to tear it up. they say we are polluting the creeks and tearing up the creek beds . the creek beds are fine the pollution comes from the big companys up river dumping stuff. but thats ok are atv 's must be doing all the damage. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

well hope for the best , and keep it clean.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

We went to Wolf Pen last month. I agree, it was DUSTY!, but lots of fun. Trails for all skill levels. I had intended to send a message to the park service, letting them know how much we enjoy having a place to ride for our family vacations. Just realized I hadn't, so will do that now. I once heard that each letter/ call/email sent is considered 100 people's opinion (that statistically one out of 100 people will respond), so it's not just one note you send! If you haven't been to Wolf Pen Gap, we posted lots of photos of the trails at www.jandjracing.com , so check it out!