Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Columbus, Oh riders--- Obetz is closed

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2000, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For any body that has visited Obetz in Columbus Ohio, I spoke with a ranger today that informed me that Columbus Metro parks has purchased the land that we used to ride on! They have no plans for the land yet but are not allowing any more riding there. Ouch! that was the closest place to ride from the city! Anybody else from around Columbus our there???????

Old 10-15-2000, 07:27 PM
Range Rover

Hey man im from Jackson.A friend of mine lives up there in Whitehall.I have rode there before.It isnt the greatest place to ride but for you guys up there in the city that really sucks.
Why are they closing it?There is all kinds of places to ride down here.
Should stop down sometime.
You might know my buddy.His name is S. Agin
well later man
drop me a line if ya wanna ride sometime

Old 10-16-2000, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer

They closed the area because it is going to be made into a Columbus city park. The Ranger said they have not voted on when yet. The city buys a lot of land and then plans on it for parks in about 5-10 years. I would love to come down to Jackson to ride, I'll have to let you know when I get a chance. its probably a 1hr and 45 to get down there wouldn't you say? I don't know your buddy from Gahanna, maybe I'll met him some time. Thanks for the invite, sounds like you have legal and non-legal areas to ride down there.

Old 10-16-2000, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

I from the west side (London), but I had never ridden Obetz. Is that what others had called Alum Creek? I've been to Pike and Wayne, but hadn't made it over to Alum Creek and 270, or Perry, either.

Old 10-17-2000, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

I'm from Wilmington (1 hr. south of Columbus) and ride locally at New Vienna Motocross track and Pike State Forest. Never rode at never Obetz though.

DVNT1
See some of my ATV actions shots at http://dvnt1.homeip.net

Old 10-17-2000, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Is Pike good riding? Where is the best place to park down there? Where is the best trail head? I have always wanted to ride Pike but did not know much about it. Also how much do you pay to ride at the that motocross trails. now that Obetz is closed I'll have to drive south to get some riding in!

Old 10-18-2000, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

To bad the city wont redo obetz for riding. Ceal it up and add a MX track. Any ways i didnt plan on going there again. The rutts are bad, allway have to look out for 4 by 4 trucks. Who ever has easy access to new veanna is very lucky. I realy like there SX track there. there big dubble is allot of fun.

Old 10-18-2000, 07:43 AM
Trailblazer

Pike seems small after you've been there a few times. There is a parking lot right inside the "APV" entrance and it's free.
New Vienna MX Track is $10/day until 5:00pm on weekdays, then it's $5. Just to clarify...there really isn't more than an hour of trails, really it's just the 3 MX tracks.
The COCR track and riding area is about an hour south of Columbus, you should try it as well.

Old 10-18-2000, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer

Nice to see you around again Lucis! Just to let you know the cheapest land that I've seen lately to buy has been 32,000 for 46 acres in Ross county which is South of Columbus! You think 32 people would pich in 1000?? I only have about 4 people that are willing to put the cash in..

Old 10-24-2000, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

46 acres is not that much, but it's better than nothing.

have you worked out how to handle the use and liability, remember I can be a major contributor if you figure these things out.

Quick Reply: Columbus, Oh riders--- Obetz is closed