Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Tri-County ATV Park, Faribault MN

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri-County ATV Park, Faribault MN

Does anyone know when the expanded riding area at the Tri-County ATV Park be open? Also, where in relationship to the existing area, will the new portion be?

Old 09-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

That's a good question. I thought that the further expansion would be on the other side of the fence at the top of the big sand hill (that the trail runs at the top of).

The Trahans have built the classroom for training that they said they were going to build as part of the expansion. You'll see it on the main stretch of road between the parking area and the pit.

I haven't heard any start or end dates for the expansion of the pit itself. I think they were waiting for some of the junk vehicles and stuff to be moved out of the area...

Oh, by the way, the guy with the White and Red Raptor out at Tri-County on Saturday, are you reading this? I forgot your screen name...

Old 09-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer

I wasn't aware that the new building was a classroom. Is it going t be used for ATV training? It also looks like they put in a well. Am I right about that? If so, it would be nice to have water down there on hot days. If I understand yuo correctly, they are going to expand the pit into where the existing junk yard is. Do they own that property? Do yo know if they would like some help cleaning the area up? My brother and I would be more than happy to help.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Brian,

Yep, I saw your posting ( Red/White Raptor guy ). I'm hoping they get a chance to get the expansion finished by next spring. Tri-County is a blast, but you've done everything 10 times in an hour. Looking forward to new areas and more room to ride making a good place even better.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, definitely. Tri-County is at it's most fun when you get a group of like quads together and just race through the berms and stuff out there. Otherwise, I would think it'd be incredibly boring with a utility quad just putzing around. Then again, some people can't get enough of that either.

ATC83, are you gonna be out at Tri-County again soon? I'll probably be back there either this coming weekend for a little bit, or the weekend of October 8th... I'll be off to Birchwood, Wisconsin the weekend of the 1st on a big trail ride with 14 or 15 other quads from the area. I am really looking forward to this, as I believe my riding has improved dramatically since the Birchwood ride last year. I feel like I have something to prove this year, since the Birchwood trails intimidated me a bit last year...

At any rate, hope to ride with you guys soon...