Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

I hate NJ cause...................

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 09:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate Jersey. It is like the worst spot to ride in. People call the cops on me for riding in my backyard. You have to travel hours away to go to a legal spot and whe nyou go it is half-decent. Come on NJ lets make some trails and tracks legal!! Anyone care to say their opinons?

Old 10-24-2000, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

hahahah good luck buddy we have been trying for years now and it jus seems like an uphill battle everytime. theres always some bleeding heart liberal or a worthless hippy in the way!!...if you ever wanna go ridin email me direct!!

Old 10-24-2000, 09:25 PM
Range Rover

where in Chester do you live?

Old 10-24-2000, 09:49 PM
Range Rover

Get ridd of the FMF pipe and you might not get the cops called on you. You bring it on your self.
Did you ever think that is one reason people don't like ATV's.
If you were blasting around next to my house I would call the cops too.
Wayne B

Old 10-25-2000, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

If you want legal go to Chattsworth, Jack Frost, Raceway Park, ATV NY, or Tower City. They are trying to make a legal riding spot in Port Elizabeth but thats far! Word of mouth is the way if anyone is nice enough to let you know where they ride but i see so many idiots and A-HOLES whenever i ride, i would like to tell everyone where i ride but if you tell a few people you risk ruining it for everyone. Voting for Bush or Gore doesn't matter as far as land usage is concerned because we have no State lands to ride on and there are Thousands of acres in the Pines they should let us use. Yeah, stay with the stock exhaust and less people will hear you.

Old 10-25-2000, 03:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I hate New Jersey too.... but that's cause my in-laws live there.

On riding though, I thought there were tons of pine lands in new jersey. And the stuff by my inlaws looks great to ride in. That and you could go up to Fort Dix! There are some great old Tank trails there. Shouldn't be too hard to dodge the DOD. Noone goes back there anyway.

Not entirely legal but it's probably what I would do when I visit the in-laws.

Old 10-25-2000, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I tear my yard up almost everyday with houses right next door. technically the law is ...you can ride your bike on your property but you can't touch the sidewalk or your on public property. Just obey the noise ordanance in your town and the cops can't do **** if your on your own property!

Old 10-25-2000, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry for being blunt, but if you hate it move.

Old 10-25-2000, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer

hey, you think you have it bad? there isnt any state forests, mx tracks/parks to ride in here in connecticut.there is one mx track and its just for dirtbikes. the few places that are left are slowly being taken away also. i bet within the next 10 or so years, there will be no where to ride in connecticut except in your own yards. we really have to do something about this. it was even on the news 6 or so months ago. state still didnt do anything bout it.

E-Mail me at j_quads00@hotmail.com if you know of any good riding spots or info on places to ride here in CT.

Old 10-28-2000, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to move. Not to make you feel bad but....

I was a kid in NJ. Rode in fields (mini-bike), by RR tracks and construction sites. Got chased by cops a lot.

Moved to Tennessee. Many years later got into ATV's. Within a 1 hour or less drive from the house we have over 400 square miles of legal riding land. (that's right, miles not acres). No fees. Few people. If you can't move perhaps you should plan a trip. Wis. is nice. Or out west. Get an ATV 'fix' so you can stand it at home.
JB

Quick Reply: I hate NJ cause...................