Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Newbie to the sport, lookin' for riding area in AZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006 | 05:22 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Newbie to the sport, lookin' for riding area in AZ

I have been putting around in a little 250cc buggy behind my son on his quad around my home (Queen Creek, by San Tan Mountain). I am about to finally get myself a quad this upcoming weekend, and want to explore some nicer and legal riding areas. Does anyone know of any good riding areas in the valley. Oh, and BTW, we ride sport quads (may purchase paddles depending if we find sand local to us). I have done some lookin' around online, and all I see is forest-like trail ridin up north which requires 4x4 ute. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-24-2006 | 02:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not as familiar with the east side of town, but check out Riding Arizona. That site has allot of riding info on it for the east valley and should be able to help you out.

Now, if you want to come out to the west side, give me a holler. There are some pretty good spots still over here.

Old 01-24-2006 | 10:48 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the advice....I checked some other sites after looking at links off of Glamis. Looks as if there are a few places in AZ, but mostly sand. I know there has to be some trail riding areas...I will check out the site you posted it looks promising.

In the meantime, I'll be that guy in queen creek creating the excess dust off of Hunt Highway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006 | 12:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Prodigy
Thanks for the advice....I checked some other sites after looking at links off of Glamis. Looks as if there are a few places in AZ, but mostly sand. I know there has to be some trail riding areas...I will check out the site you posted it looks promising.

In the meantime, I'll be that guy in queen creek creating the excess dust off of Hunt Highway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LOL...yea, I think I see ya kicking some up right now...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Lots of the big washes and river bottoms are sand, but you dont need, or even want sand tires for that. Chances are, you're going to cross or get into allot of rock while out there. Hate running the sand tires through the rocks.