Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

tug hill ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tug hill ?

Can you ride quads during snowmobile season without getting in trouble? It would be pretty fun if you only have a little snow on the ground.

Old 03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default tug hill ?

I don't think so. The trails up there open April 1 though so after that it would be fine.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default tug hill ?

I'm looking to ride Tug this season. Never been up there for wheelers, always sleds, so this is a first!. If I'm registered and insured in PA, do I need to register for NY? I heard that unlike sleds, PA/NY accept each other with wheeler registration?????

Old 04-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Range Rover
Default tug hill ?

How is it up there, even in snow? Someone I know said they want to go there.

Old 04-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default tug hill ?

I think this weekend coming on the 4/15 they are doing a snirt run on tug hill.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Range Rover
Default tug hill ?

Yes your right there was a ride this past weekend.I heard the forest ranger boys closed down the truck trail then waited in the woods for you.My friend told me they had 30 people pulled over giving tickets out.50 to 200 dollar fine.They have to pay for their new 4 wheelers so lets close a trail down and make some money.The road blocks are getting worse and worse up there.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default tug hill ?

tug hull has banned atv's all together up there this year, your risking alot riding up there

Old 04-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Range Rover
Default tug hill ?

where did you hear that?Thats not true they just closed some trails down in brantingham last year.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default tug hill ?

Originally posted by: 0u812
where did you hear that?Thats not true they just closed some trails down in brantingham last year.
this was sent to me, not quite sure where this is exacaty but a gentlemen said that lives there they are closed now

Lewis County Lawmakers Vote To Close Roads To ATVs
Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 3:29pm
By a vote of 6 to 4, the Lewis County Board of Legislators approved closing county roads to all-terrain vehicles.

Before the vote Tuesday, the legislature chamber was packed with people ready to voice their opinions at a public hearing.

In a county that heavily depends on income generated by ATV enthusiasts, the hearing drew a vocal crowd. Many were opposed to closing the roads.

Democratic District 10 Legislator and Board Chairman Bruce Krug had questioned the legality of allowing ATVs on county roads for years. He even sought advice from the state attorney general's office.

In an informal opinion, the AG's office advised that in some cases ATV access is okay; in some cases it's not.

Krug had said that roads should be off limits to ATVs because he doesn't want the county to be held liable in the event of accidents.

Voting to close the roads:

District 2 Legislator Ralph Farney

District 3 Legislator William Walsemann

District 5 Legislator Dennis Kraeger

District 6 Legislator Thomas Fayle

District 8 Legislator JoAnn Doney

District 9 Legislator Nicholas Byrne

District 10 Legislator Bruce Krug

Voting to keep the roads open:

District 1 Legislator Kelley Dickinson

District 4 Legislator Gary Rosiczkowski

District 6 Legislator Thomas Fayle

District 7 Legislator John Boyd

Of the ten legislators on the board, seven are leaving as of the end of the year.

The county opened portions of 39 roads to ATVs in 2001.

The county's decision comes a week after a study by Camoin Associates of Saratoga Springs showed that ATV enthusiasts add more than $35 million to the Tug Hill region's economy.

The study also determined that 369 jobs depend on the activity. ATV riders also generate $1.49 million in tax revenue, according to the study.
Camoin Associates was commissioned by the Cooperative Tug Hill Council to conduct the study.

IN OTHER WORDS THEY ARE GONNA GIVE IT TO US NEW YORKERS IN THE BUTT WITHOUT ANY LUBE. !!!!!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default tug hill ?

LittleBill, not all of Tugg is closed down. True, they did close the county roads as you posted, however, most of those legislators were "lame ducks" and their replacements seem to be pretty motivated to get those roads opened back up. The SNIRT run did happen last weekend. I wasn't there, so I can't comment on tickets given out, but I do know there was a limited number of county roads reopened one day only style. Note that many town roads have not been effected at all by the legislation, and in fact there may be more town roads opened up before long.

To sum it up, the riding situation is bad right now, but hopefully will be back to normal or even better, hopefully by June.

Quick Reply: tug hill ?