Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kansas City rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City rider

hey I'm new to the forums and glad to be here, Im in the KCMo area and looking for someone to ride with, all I know of is Deepwater, post if you'd like to ride this weekend , thanks

Old 03-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Range Rover

Hey,
I live in Prairie Village, my bike is back home right now but when it warms up in a week or 2, its coming back up here. What do you ride and how much experience do you have? I have a buddie in Gladstone that has a Banshee and i have a Lt 500 quadzilla. We've been to Perry lake and done that, wasn't too bad. He is familiar with the area and has mentioned a few places, Deepwater was one. St. Joseph has a park. Fill me in on what your thinking and i will try to set something up.
Greg

Old 03-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer

wonderful man that sounds good, I have a 06 400ex, Im new to the seen but willing to take it to the limit, my buddy I went with last weekend has a 2 stroke suzuki bike a nd we had a blast, he got me hooked and now's leaving me hanging, keep me informed

Old 03-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Range Rover

We'll give it a week or 2 and see what the weather does. I still have to get down south to get my bike. I was suppossed to go to "The Little Sahara" this weekend. Wife is out of town, didn't work out. Keep in touch. If you know anyone looking for a basically stock banshee, it's a '96 with a skins sticker edition, let me know. The buddie wants to sell it and get a zilla. Greg

Old 03-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer

hey I have read of spring Hill, is it close to KC also is there any other places to ride around here??

Old 03-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Range Rover

Spring Hill is in the area, i'm not familiar with an area there to ride in. St. Joe, Deepwater and a couple other areas around i have heard of. Lake perry is where we went last fall. Its on the north side of Lawrence. Trails, mud, rock and all kinds of things. I'm not into mud, i'd prefer sand. The guys i ride with back home will be going to Oklahoma soon. The talent is across the board, my dad rides, he's 62 but rides a 500. Almost all the guys down there ride quadzillas. There are a few younger guys and a few sick zillas.
What kind of riding do you want? Do you do the sand thing? If we can spend some time riding and you feel comfortable with me and Phil, we'll have to run you down with us. We usually leave thurs to go back home and get up early and head to Oklahoma and ride all day.
Phillip knows some places around here but i can't remember the names. I've seen lots of people mentioning St. Joe in this forum. I'm concerned about the noise of my bike, its loud and there are restrictions up there.
Have you done any riding around the area at all? I'm sure w/in the next 3 weeks, there will be a trip to Oklahoma. I'll check with Phil to see what those places i can't remember, are.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer

I'm game for any kinda riding, down in Deepwater I got the quad extremely muddy and other than that knock on wood I'v been lucky just riding around town here late at night just to sooth the feaver, hey by any chance your buddy isnt from oak grove is he?

Old 03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

The only places in Missouri that I know of are Deepwater, St. Joe which is actually south of Saint Louis, Finger Lakes north of Columbia about 20 minutes and Chadwick which is close to Springfield. I have never been to St. Joe or Chadwick but have heard both are large areas with all types of riding. Chadwick is huge and cannot be rode in one day from what I've been told.

As far as Kansas goes there is Perry Lake north of Lawrence. I heard that there is another riding area near Osawatomie but this could be someone's private land.

A couple weeks ago in the KC Star there was an article about opening public riding areas in the KC area.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

He's from north KC. Have you had any problems riding around there at night? I would get mine out last fall and rip around the parking lot across the street and a sand volleyball court 2 houses down for about 15 mins tops and the "registered sex offender" next door called the law. Can't have much crazy fun here in "perfect Village".
I just finished wiring up the trailer i just got so i can do some transporting if need be. First thing is getting back home to pick up my bike. Phil didn't call back so i'm still at a loss for other riding places. I'll get with him tomorrow. Was it a 400 EX you have?

Old 03-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

I havent had any problems at night a couple weeks ago I took my daughter out about 1 am and the streets were clrear, also went across to a open soccer field and we had a blast but no problems with anyone yet, yes its a 2006 400 ex, no mods yet but will have eventually, I'm hoping to get down to Deepwater this sun morning just waiting to see if I can get someone to go with as it wouldnt be any fun going in the trails and something happen and needing help.

Quick Reply: Kansas City rider