Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Draper lake OK.. Kids riding rules.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006 | 01:13 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Draper lake OK.. Kids riding rules.

I live in KS and will be looking for another place to meet up and ride with friends in OK... We was going to Prague lake until they decided to shut it down.. My kids ride a 90cc and I was wondering what the age requirements was for riding there.. One is over 12 and the other under... On there web page it says 50cc must be 6 years old then the next step up is an 150cc for 12 and up... NOTHING about the 90cc... Am I to believe that 50-150cc is for 6 years olds through 12???? I would like for both to be able to ride an ATV but if I need to bring the TTR90 bike for the youngest I guess I could. I've tried to find out on my own but no one answers there at Draper..... Thanks.

Old 06-10-2006 | 11:10 PM
|
Pro Rider

Anybody

Old 07-18-2006 | 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

Eww, Draper? Make someone else knows where you are going, may not make it out of that lake area alive...roflmao...I grew up 3 miles east of that lake and will not go back there for nothing, but as far as their riding trails I have no idea. Are you familiar with Macomb? There is an atv park there, some guy has I think like 80 acres of land, made trails and such, it is $5 a person a day. My husband and I went, and they didnt have any restrictions on anything, but we had to sign a waiver stating we were responsible for anything, but I assume that is with any paid park. The trails were marked yellow for easy, orange for medium, red for difficult, and the reds WERE difficult. I won't take my 6 year old (who has a 90cc) there until he gains more experience. But it was quite fun!! The owner has small kids and he said his go out on the trails all the time. I won't go back until I have a helmet, the acreage is quite woodsy, and some of the trails are narrow, edged with trees. A collision with trees there would be easy. But the guy who ownes it was really nice. WWW.Bigredoffroadok.com and I know that Jones Offroad in Jones, OK has pictures of riders out at Draper on their website, WWW.Jonesoffroad.com, in the "fun photos". If you go to Draper, wear something you wouldn't mind having a permanent red mud stain...and I wouldn't leave ANYTHING unattended out there.