Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

How many people ride in st louis area

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many people ride in st louis area

Originally posted by: LaPurr
I dont know where any of the places are in Missouri except for fingerjack lack or whatever it is over in columbia. And I have heard nothing but horror stories about how bad the trails are. Help a neighbor out LOL, where are the places to go locally here..

St. Joe is in Park Hills which is close to Farmington. If you take 55 south and get off at the farmington/festus exit its about 20 miles or so from I-55. Probally a back way to get there faster but not sure from St. Peters. If you look up MO state parks they are listed on there.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

Got a link by chance. On a cell phone doing this and it takes forever as it is..

Old 08-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

lapurr you got a pm

Old 08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

St Joe....I've heard of that place.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider

St.Joe, is defiantly one of my favorite places to ride![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2006, 02:47 AM
Range Rover

Went out to St Joe today. It was a great ride. Not many people out there (if any). The ruts are pretty bad on the trails and in the corners. But there was always a way around them. I talked to a Park Ranger for about 20 mins, he also is a quad rider (and rides ETON!!!) and makes the suggestion to ride either the day after, or 2 days after a rain storm. If the sand gets too dry, it makes riding miserable because the sand basicly turns into powder. But anyways, we had fun.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sutton Bluff

Old 09-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

I use to ride at St Joe during the week when I was working weekends. It was great to have the place almost to my self. Maybe 5 others thereridding . LOL Havent tried Suttons bluff yet. Is it mostly trails?

Old 09-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hemiman76
I use to ride at St Joe during the week when I was working weekends. It was great to have the place almost to my self. Maybe 5 others thereridding . LOL Havent tried Suttons bluff yet. Is it mostly trails?

It is all trails. We are planning on going in a few weeks. It is my favorite place to trail ride at.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: zmann
Originally posted by: Hemiman76

It is all trails. We are planning on going in a few weeks. It is my favorite place to trail ride at.

I would have to answer that question dually... It is both trail, and not trail. There is a very large open sand style ground. Riders have carved out some jumps, circles, woopdedoos, etc. But there are also trails. The park is about 50% open ground, 50% trail style wooded land. Its got the best of both worlds. Some of the trails are quite challenging I found. We are going back in a few weeks as well.

Quick Reply: How many people ride in st louis area