Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Long island

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long island

I live on long island me and my dad have no one to ride with we are sad lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyone live around stony brook or ride anywhere around here that can adopt us??

Old 06-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Long island

The Polaris dealer in Bayshore told me that there was a field near MacArthur airport. But you have to be a member to ride there. I beleive he said it cost $1400/yr to belong. He also mentioned, that in a few years, they are thinking of letting ATV ride in the fire barriers of the Pine Barrins. For better info, I suggest you contact your local dealer. I won't ride anyplace illegal, fines are high, and they will most likely take you ATV. Never happen to me, but I've heard horror stories. I take it you play at Cousins.
Katuzo

Old 06-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default Long island

You can ride in the pine barrens right now! You just have to do it at night!!
Allways ride at night here on the island, you have a much better chance of the cops , or anyone for that matter not seeing you!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default Long island

Check out this site, it's a dirtbike/quad track on Horseblock Rd. in Yaphank. I've seen a small dirt road there, but I was unsure whether it was still operational. I guess it is. Enjoy

http://www.islandmotocross.com/mxweb05new/Page_1x.html

Katuzo

Old 06-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Long island

That track is alive and well. I go back their all the time to watch people ride, but you must pay a membership fee every year and you have to pay every time you want to ride. I think it's $30 every time.

Plus it gets crowded there alot of times and it's kaos on the track, you got riders that ride like pros, (and some of these guys are animals), and then you got people who aren't as good all together. it's cool to watch, but I prefer nightime in the trails. Nobody's running you over and there are no rules, regulations or fees. (unless you get nailed by the fuzz!!)

Old 06-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Range Rover
Default Long island

Yeah its getting tougher and tougher.I used to ride exit 56 LIE and the cop actually told us just to stay away from the Hotel and he wouldnt come after us,but it got smaller and smaller due to construction.Then I found a place that was like heaven.Miles of trails,Dirt hills 40 feet high,gravel pits and dirt track-like areas,you name it.Problem is, sometimes the police have a helicopter go around and then theyll send in dirtbikes and or quads after everyone.Not worth the hassel.Funny how the cops wont designate a squad to rounding up illegals,but to busting the ***** of quad riders in the middle of nowhere!!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Long island

There are some places off the island if you are interested. Some of the places are free, as long as u have regi and insurance, and others are fundraisers.

Trending Topics

Old 06-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Long island

Since I work 6 days/week, I don't get to ride except on my vacations. My vacations are in Maine, and that's where I keep my ATV. Plenty of trails there, and you can ride on the side of the road and the troopers won't bother you. Thanks for the offer though.
Katuzo

Old 06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Long island

okay thanks guys, yea i play at cousins lol .
Please someone i know poeple ride on long island!! i need someone to ride with!!

Old 06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Long island

where are the pine barrons?

Quick Reply: Long island