Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ohv park in gilbert mn.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ohv park in gilbert mn.

anyone looking for a variety of trails to ride needs to check this place out it has everything from basic trail riding to extreme hill climbing,mud runs, mud drags, rock crawls.its everything you could want in a ohv park.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

oh yeah i 2nd that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

I was their 2 years ago lots of fun..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Heres a nice Map of the Pit

Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

And don't forget that Gilberts home of the Gladiator, where old stippers go to die.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Karlwashere
And don't forget that Gilberts home of the Gladiator, where old stippers go to die.
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

The gilbert area's lots of fun and very ATV freindly, I can't wait till they open that new spot by Virginia, I think its supposed to be twice as big as Gilbert.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZButcheR
Originally posted by: Karlwashere
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rofllmao

Anyway the atv park in gilbert is really nice. As to the gladiator I live 2 miles away but have always been scared to go near it.

Also, in reply to Karl's post, actually the Gilbert park is 1200 acres and the new addition in Virginia will be 3500 acres when completed, with the same type of stuff as the Gilbert park.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can anyone let me know when the expansion will be complete? Also, how are the camping areas near Gilbert?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

As far as I know, I don't think that the new part to the park will be complete and open until at least 2008. Which makes sense though, that is alot of work to do. The thing is with the Gilbert park is, there was an extensive trail system already made by local riders, including me, that have been riding back there for years. So all they had to do is build some mud runs and put up signs. The new park, which will be closer to Virginia, doesn't have all the trails already. There are a few, but I think that it will be much more work to build the Virginia portion.

As to the camping, there is definately ample places to go. The closest is sherwood forest campground. It is a nice park. Right on the lake. Has water and electric hookups if you like easy camping. I'm not sure what the prices are. Then there is Ely lake park (technically, Eveleth veterans park) which is nice, it is a couple of miles further away but not to bad. Last I checked a site is $3 per night. Then if you are looking more to rough it, there is alot of public land too, Find a good spot and set up you tent. If you have access to a boat while you are up wheeling, there are a couple of nice tent spots on the big island on Ely lake.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Heres some info on the Virginia Park site. it looks to be abit out dated [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but all I could find & also a nice site Map

As for camping not to sure, I have a cabin in Cotton MN[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] so i dont worrie to much about it.

But like MNWolverine01 said the Sherwood Forest campground is nice & I think that their's a trail right to the park[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ohv park in gilbert mn.