Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

North Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006 | 06:09 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default North Alabama

Hello,

Does anyone know if Colonial Hills, just north east of Huntsville, AL, is still open for atv trail riding?

Thanks,
SCF

Old 07-02-2006 | 01:45 PM
hc
Range Rover
Default North Alabama

Hi 4 x 4, I am from north Alabama. Not sure if they are open. Check this link out for more info atv ridding . Have you rode north of waterlo, Al. just across the state line in TN. Good cool place to ride in the heat of summer. There is another place in TN. just up I-65 get off at exit 27 and about 6 miles from interstate. Called WOOLY'S this link wooly's offroad .
hope this helps

Old 07-05-2006 | 08:45 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default North Alabama

Thanks for the information.

Wooly's off Road sounds good. My nephew and I rode the Cullman ATV trails this past weekend near Hanceville. It was pretty good. The only drawback was very dry conditions. They have not had rain for a while. It was very dusty. Thay have great trails from easy to ride to extreme riding. If it were to rain, there would be lots of mud. It was a 70 mile trip for us to get there. So, Wooly's would only be 40 for us. I am a member of NATRA. Westpoint, TN is our main location. It is about 60 miles for me to drive.

Thanks,
SCF

Old 07-05-2006 | 06:30 PM
hc
Range Rover
Default North Alabama

Hi 4x4, i have rode at Westpoint a few years ago, but it was open for free then. What are the trails like now? I would like to ride up there, but you have to join the club before one can ride there. So how does a person know he's going to like the place if you can't ride unless you are a member?
I see you are from Athens, I ride with some good friends of mine that live north of athens. We are planning a ride for this coming Saturday if i don't have to work. Going to that new place in Cullman or on down the interstate to Warrior. There are from 3-8 in our group that ride.
How many is in your group. Maybe we can get togather to ride.

Old 07-06-2006 | 08:57 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default North Alabama

Hello hc,

NATRA is having an organized ATV trail ride Sunday. You can see the details at their wedsite http://natra.dirtrider.net/. Click on Upcoming Events. You do have to have a membership. However, I am sure they will let you ride to see if you would like to join. They always say vistors are welcome. They will be serving food and drinks.

I hate that I wil not be able to ride Sunday. I always attend church. I ask them if they will schedule a Saturday ride in the future. They told me they will if there is a good turn out for Sunday's ride. I know alot of people have to work on Saturdays. But my Sundays are spoken for.

I like riding in groups. I say the more the merrier. Usually, though, it is just me and my 11 year old nephew. He has a Honda 250EX. He is an excellent rider.

My riding trips are limited to 1 a month due to Honey-Dos, if you know what I mean. I have to balance my riding times with my wife. However, she gets more time. But, she's worth it. I always invite her to go, but it is not her thing. Maybe someday we can plan a ride or can just meet on the trail.

Later,
SCF