Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iowa

I was on vacation a few weeks ago, and ran across a place to ride in Iowa/Nebraska border. If anyone knows where I am talking about please let me know if they have a website I can look up.

Thanks

Old 08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer
Old 08-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Range Rover
Default Iowa

It is definatly not worth driveing for. I went down and checked it out a couple years ago and was severly disapointed. It is a solid 3 hour drive 1 way and I was so disapointed i loded up and went home after only 1 hour of riding. It is flat and boring. There is not one single hill in the area. Its all tite wooded trails. That normaly wouldent be a problem but they are not even fun trails. The biggest hill is abought the same as a standard ditch. It is great for beginers or the novice who is esaly passified with absolutly no challenge. Beond that is a waste of time unless you live within a few miles of it. There are abought 300 aceres but they are easaly covered in abought 15 minutes.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Iowa

Fort Dodge is the only area in Iowa to ride from what I hear, all the other parks are o.k if you are close. If you want to ride a lot you have to go to wis., minn. or misouri. We ride at Waterloo a couple of times a year because its close, but other than that we head to wis. at every opportunity

Old 08-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Range Rover
Default Iowa

Fort Dodge WAS the only place in Iowa to ride now its been morphed into a much more boring compact riding area. It used to be several thousand acers of the best riding in the state and then a group wanted to make it into a legal state run OHV park and got it all messed up. People ahd been riding there sence the invention of the dirt bike litteraly and now all the old areas are off limits because no one would touch the state park if you where allowed to ride in the old area. The old area is several square miles of the best wooded trails and hills in the state and the new area is 300 aceres of flat boring nothing. To top it off one of the rules is that you have to stay on the trails. Its an OHV park that should be called a OOTP(only on trails park). They post poned the opening of it for several months to allow workers time to remove all rocks from the area. It is a great place for beginners or novice riders that can only handle the eisiest of trails but boring for the rest of us. On the flip side of it they built a BIG MX track that looks like a lot of fun. It is designed for ATVs not dirt bikes and is well over a mile long. That may be worth the drive all on its own. I hope they stick to there word and expand in the futere to include some the areas that made Fort Dodge so great to begin with.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Iowa

I thought it was supposed to be like 1500 acres, I havn't been down there for 16 - 17 years, back when I rode bikes. The goat trail was as much fun as you could have. Getting the mud off from down there was tough if you let it dry!

Old 08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default Iowa

Thanks to everyone on your imput, what is the name of the places you all are talking about, I'll know the name of the place when I hear it.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Range Rover
Default Iowa

The one in Councile Bluffs is called River Vally.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default Iowa

Yes that is the one I seen when we went to the Omaha zoo, Thanks for the imput on that.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Iowa

I heard Shawn Crahan of Slipknot has some trails in his yard. Just ask before you go or you might get hit with a goat head or something.

Quick Reply: Iowa