Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is better?

Me and my wife are going out riding in a couple days. We have been to the state park St Joe, but never to Fingerjack? Lakes. Which is better? They are the same distance from my house. Just looking for personal opinions on which you prefer over the other and why. Or if you have been to Fingerjack lake park, tell me about it...

thanks in advance.

If you dont feel like replying its cool, I finnaly figured out how to use the search function..

Old 09-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Range Rover
Default Which is better?

Alright, after reading some of the other posts, I logged onto the FEDPark sites, and the MOState parks sites. I cant find where Suttons Bluff, and Chadwick are located. Can anyone help with this??

Old 09-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default Which is better?

We have been to Fingerlakes 3 times in the last few years and i didn't think it was worth the 2 hour drive from Indep, Mo. I alway have wanted to go to St. Joe. I have never heard any thing bad about it from people we have talked to. We mainly go to Perry Lake and Deepwater. I think at St. Joe you can ride from your campsite to the trails if you stay there. I really liked Chadwick. We have been there 1 time. It is a really nice place. Make sure you use the map you get or you just might get lost. We went for a week and a few in our party had mechanical failures because some of the terrain they were on. Mainly bent tierods. We have also been to Milford Lake in Kansas and i liked it also but is not a 1 day ride. We should of camped there. We got home around midnight. It's the furthest day trip we have taken. Jeff

Old 09-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Range Rover
Default Which is better?

I apreciate the feedback, but the main thing I am trying to figure out is where these places are located. Chadwick isnt on the MOSTATE website, neither is suttons bluff, and a couple others.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Range Rover
Default Which is better?

Thanks BlasterBoy and Boomer2 for the information...

Now on to the bigger question. I consider myself a moderatly seasoned rider. My wife is a novice at best. We like both trails, and the flat land stuff. We both like St Joe, and havent been to any other park here in Missouri. I am thinking of going to Finger Lake. But 2 things make me think we should just go to St Joe. First, I have heard that Fingers is quite muddy. And after 3 days of rain here, I cant imagine it would be a great place to ride considering the mud. And secondly, is it a place that a very novice rider like my wife is going to feel OK with her abilitys? We have only had one accident since we have been riding, and it was me, and not her. We have both riden for aprox. 100 miles in total on our new quads.

We looked at chadwick and suttons bluff. Althou both look like very nice parks, We dont feel like driving that far out at this point. We will be leaving tonight for whereever we are going, and getting a Hotel for tonight and tomorow night. and come home Tuesday night after 2 days of riding. So suggestions would be quite apreciated.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Which is better?

You can do a day trip from where you live to sutton bluff. It is the closest thing to Colorado ATV riding that Missouri has to offer. Enough said. If you want to spend a night other than camping at Sutton Bluff, stay in farmington and eat dinner at Warehouse Barbecue.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:54 AM
Range Rover
Default Which is better?

Well now we arent going at all. This was suppose to be a mini-birthday-trip-vacation for the wife. But we got over to our freinds hose to do a check up on the quads, ride them around just a little, only to find the tranny leaking fluid into the belt housing AGAIN. Of course that means the belt is to slippery to grab anything and we ended up having to push it back to the trailer and load it back up. Back to the dealer in the morning...AGAIN!!!