Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

chadwick missouri atv/motorcycle park

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chadwick missouri atv/motorcycle park

Hey,guys just got back from chadwick awsome campgrounds, showers, level sites, you cant cover everything in 2 days. awsome riding but very rocky and plenty of difficult rock/ledge trails, we ran into a group of trials bikes that were climbing up some steep trails but for the most part a good place to ride plus when you sign in at the gas station in town they give you a pretty good map that lays out the trails.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Dustrunner660-riding a sport bike I take it? I love that place and try to go once a month. You can find just about any terrain you want from easy to a$$ pucker. I've watched those Trials Bikes also, amazing what they can climb! See those guys down there quite a bit, and some are a bit older, and no fear.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey,outside2day it was our first time there. awsome place to ride must have looked at the map 50 times to find out (where the heck are we?) ill be back a little far away though about 5 1/2 hrs. but had a lot of fun. We have been to Branson 10 or so times to our time share but never knew chadwick existed. Do you know of any other places around? And also where to get parts for quads around chadwick. My buddy snapped tie rod ends there. I also came up on couple of quads with bent/broken tie rods out on the trail. This 1 gal was riding kawasaki kfx 700 limping back to camp, she had bent the heck out of her tie rods. I helped her out i pulled out trusty tool kit spun it off and hammered it straight again with one of those handy "ROCKS". spun it back on and away she went . Nothing like helping out the ladies. Anyway Glad to hear from you,and keep me up to date on any events down in them there parts.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

closest place I know of is Springfield MO, or Harrison, AR

Old 03-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: dustrunner660
I also came up on couple of quads with bent/broken tie rods out on the trail. This 1 gal was riding kawasaki kfx 700 limping back to camp, she had bent the heck out of her tie rods. I helped her out i pulled out trusty tool kit spun it off and hammered it straight again with one of those handy "ROCKS". spun it back on and away she went . Nothing like helping out the ladies.

Glad you liked it...This is Marty Swigart, Pres. NW Ark ATV Riding Club....That gal was none other then My sister-in-law....She is the Sec of our club...The Club was there for a Club rid e& Trail Clean-up...I could not make it as I had a prior commitment at the Car races in Okla.

CHeck out our club at www.nwaatvrc.freehomepage.com

Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey,outside2day it was our first time there. awsome place to ride must have looked at the map 50 times to find out (where the heck are we?) ill be back a little far away though about 5 1/2 hrs. but had a lot of fun. We have been to Branson 10 or so times to our time share but never knew chadwick existed. Do you know of any other places around? And also where to get parts for quads around chadwick. My buddy snapped tie rod ends there. I also came up on couple of quads with bent/broken tie rods out on the trail. This 1 gal was riding kawasaki kfx 700 limping back to camp, she had bent the heck out of her tie rods. I helped her out i pulled out trusty tool kit spun it off and hammered it straight again with one of those handy "ROCKS". spun it back on and away she went . Nothing like helping out the ladies. Anyway Glad to hear from you,and keep me up to date on any events down in them there parts.
Dustrunner-Yeah, that is a ways for you to drive. Takes me right at 4 hrs to get to camp spot, but I haven't found anyplace like it and worth the drive. You probably stopped at Kay's for maps and permits? They also make a good sandwhich. It's funny how the place isn't very accessable on the internet, a lot of people don't know about it. There is a small motorcycle shop in Sparta which is fairly close, it's right on the main drag (125 I think). Probably not much for parts though. Had to buy a frt tire once. So for major parts, probably to Springfield. Way to help out fellow rider! Haven't really found any other areas around there. What about up here near us? Heard of Rockport, and that they no longer let ATV'S ride. Also go to St Joe near Park Hills, MO, and Fingers Lakes near Columbia. Been to these? Went to Mill Creek, AR last year, very scenic, a lot of fun. Take care!

Old 03-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pitnazi
I also came up on couple of quads with bent/broken tie rods out on the trail. This 1 gal was riding kawasaki kfx 700 limping back to camp, she had bent the heck out of her tie rods. I helped her out i pulled out trusty tool kit spun it off and hammered it straight again with one of those handy "ROCKS". spun it back on and away she went . Nothing like helping out the ladies.

Glad you liked it...This is Marty Swigart, Pres. NW Ark ATV Riding Club....That gal was none other then My sister-in-law....She is the Sec of our club...The Club was there for a Club rid e& Trail Clean-up...I could not make it as I had a prior commitment at the Car races in Okla.

CHeck out our club at www.nwaatvrc.freehomepage.com
Pitnazi-How often do you ride at Chadwick? Went to Mill Creek, AR last spring, great ride. What would you recommend down there? Quite the coincidence on Dustrunner helping out your sister-in-law! Am going to look at your site.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks everyone. Yes its a far drive but definitly worth it i spent about $160.00 in gas that sucked but hey you wanna play gota pay . Oh well if it wasnt for that it would be for something else . We were talking of going to the badlands in Attica Indiana but went to their web site WOW! Very Expensive $20.00 Bucks for 1 day or $30.00 for 2 days then you add up camping ,gas,food,and ??? whatever else .OUCH !!!. So i think we will be back next month .havent been to rockport though also havent heard much about it but its right up the road from us about 40 miles .Went to Kentucky land beetween the lakes/Turkey bay. That trip was lots of fun also rocky and bent a rim and tie rod but thats riding.Also been to Taylorville Illinois , southfork dirt riders thats a blast up there also lots of mud pits along the river that runs through it. Flat River is ok But (no bull) ive been hit there 3 times / first time twice in 1 day on my yz 250 that place is crazy on the weekends/pure crazy!!!. But its nice during the week thats when i would recommend going. I was also thinking of going to Suttons Bluff , im pretty sure its in/around Centerville,Missouri. well keep in touch maybe we can get together for a ride ! Be safe!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Range Rover

We rid ethere 4-6 times each year...SOmetimes more sometimes less...We are only 2 hrs from there..We are there every Fathers Day weekend & the weekend after Halloween.... Those 2 rides are our main rides...we usuall have between 30 -50 people threre for those rides... The weekend before Cahdwick we rode at Mill Creek with a represenative from ATV Rider Magazine....He did a article on us that will be in the July issue...If you ever come down to Mill Creek let us know & we will try to come ride with you...

Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

Pitnazi-will try and make it one of those weekends to Chadwick. Going next weekend the 31st. Will look for that aricle also, that is a neat place to ride. Will let you know next time we are down. Any other spots you would recommend in your area? Thanks again.

Quick Reply: chadwick missouri atv/motorcycle park